Mooring devices I made..

Discussion in 'Boating' started by BLKCLOUD, Dec 24, 2007.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Here are a couple of mooring "arms" I made to hold my boat..I was going to buy some boat whips but it was going to be close to $300 clams so..beings I had some metal working tools I just made two of these.. man they work like a charm..the swivel up and down for wake action, the back one pivots so you can pull your boat to the dock for boarding..If any of you want to make some I'll measure them and send you the figures..the springs were the highest part..I think I may have 20 bucks each in them...

Attached Files:

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those look really good, alot like the "Wake Wachers" mooring system.

I am really wanting to put something on my dock as well, I just also have to deal with the current.

I would love to see more detail on how you made those and what you used.

Thanks

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like a professional job Keith!

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking outfit. Thanks for sharing. Hope they work out for you. Later Andy

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Nice work. Looks like you have them figured out. What body of water is that on? Looks like it may be a nice place to fish.
    And a future Gathering spot?
    Pete

7. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Pete, its on Wilson lake, below Wheeler Dam.. say.. it may be a nice gathering spot.. if anyone would like to come..:wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Keith thanks for sharing the pics. Looks professional made. Great idea and money saver. Appreciated.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good job! Thanks for sharing

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Keath its not that far for me. Lots of deep water. And also the same body of water that all the big fish came out of in the Tournament.
    Also did you know theres a train under water there? Had a guy tell me he found one with the Humminbird side iminging unit and also a house still standing guessing block. An old man told him about where to look.
    I may try to get up that way to fish next year. Also a buddy of mine caught a big blue off a hump there while trolling crank baits for crappie :smile2:
    I bet that would be a good spot for a gathering.
    pete

11. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Here are the parts list you will need to make these,
    2 pcs, 1 1/2 square tubing, I used 1/8 wall 60 inches long
    2 pcs 1/4 flat plate 12"x12"
    2 pcs 1 1/2 square tubing 14 inches long
    2 pcs 1 1/2 x 1/4 flat bar 5 1/2" long
    1 pc hot or cold rolled that will fit inside the 1 1/2 in tubing, I think I used 1 1/4 dia. 13 1/2 inches long.
    6 stainless 3/8 I bolts
    4 springs, I got my at home depot part # sp9637 they measure 1"x12"x.105
    The long arms have 2 bends on them that are 14" from each end, when finished bending the rise is 13" from the top of the top arm to the top of the bottom arm.
    One of the arms is welded to the base so it only swivels up and down, the second with the solid bar welded on the base is so you can pull your bolt out, swing the arm to the side and bring your boat in close to the dock for boarding. good luck!!

Attached Files: