Mooresville Indiana; donate to fish lake idea

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by drpepper, Mar 1, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I kinda shot this Idea to the boss a couple month ago.

Seasons coming and I have one helluva fishing lake here at my house.... Most know I'm a CPR guy, so no fish have been stocked from the river here for around 10 years or so (and THOSE are CPR!.) I do stock channels and blues from hatcheries but there are HUGE flatheads also.

If any established boc member is interested, make a post on your thoughts and questions.

IF I do this, it's would be FAMILY environment.... which means absolutely no alcohol or wild behavior and would be by appointment only so people arent fishing shoulder to shoulder...... maybe two or 3 families at a time.

I know many folks.... especailly with children - are having a tough time finding a good, clean, safe place to fish and be able to catch BIG fish at the same time. Any donation would be just to help maintain the lake and keep it stocked with plenty of big healthy cats.

It's still In the thought process.

2. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    that would be very nice of you. to do that for people with kids.I would bring mine if this happens. TANKS D.P

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    great idea DP.. im sure i could get over that way once.. my 3 year old is driving me crazy wanting to fish! his only fish so far is a few small gills, and a small largemouth last fall.. he was using his 2 ft pole with a gold swivel on the end.. the fish hit, opened the swivel and it acted as a hook.. hilarious!

my 7 yo daughter wants to hook her first cat this year too.. she says its not fair to make her catch the little fish so i can use them and catch big fish.. :smile2::smile2:

got some smaller channels in there she could have fun with??

just remind me to park next door or something...:eek:oooh:

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Thats a good ideal to help keep fishing clean & fun for everyone. The possiblitiy of limits to the # of families is good to keep track of who is doing "what", as well as who's doing the "nots"!

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well no worries brother.... there's no sand pits around here- lol

I've stocked this lake with 250 - 9" channels every year for 20 years
    every year I've stocked 1-5 # channels.... last year I stocked blues and this lake rarely get fished..... just friends here and there.

We'll teach your kids how to use bluegills and minnows for bait:wink:

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill-
    That sounds like a good plan, and very nice of you to offer your place up for people to fish; you don't find that very often anymore. Reps to you sir.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ill second that!

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    And folks, this is just a small thought but I also have a Very cool 4wheeler track awy from the lake with hills and jumps that are more kid sized... as long as they'r muffled and quite..... wilder adult dirt bikers and 4wheel riders also have a place to get an adraline rush.
    I will open that up only when no one is fishing or they belong to those who are also fishing- to avoid disturbing the other fishermans peace. personally, I like to hear the sounds of nature and my clicker when I'm fishing.
    Also, no apropriate safety gear--- no ridding. Durring Sloppy, muddy conditions then the track is closed.... This is also it the thought process I'm not sure about this Idea yet.

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bill, if this develops past the thought phase, get with me so we can create you a section.

If you have people on your property, you will need insurance to be safe. We have quite a few lawyers in the BOC, hopefully (1) will PM you with the Pro's and Cons of the idea.

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will do that.... thank you for your help and any advise!

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Paul, I agree with you! They can be a royle pain with the libility laws.:cool2:
    It was their own carelessness! & You're the one who is responsible!:angry:

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sweet pepper where you at in mooresville i live close to brooklyn you can count me and the family in:cool2:

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Okay Paul I'm making plans and ready for your info. and a section.

LAWYERS are invited to call me asap! PM for my phone number or just leave yours. thanks! I also have another use for an attorney. ( nearly triple over assessed property Tax!!!!- but thats secondary to this..... heck, as often as I need one I should put one on retainer, no kidding! lol)
    Please just Identify yourself as a BOC member.

I also would appreciate input from BOC members in any state on the the whole Idea... good, bad and constructive.... In this post or a PM. Thanks Boc Bothers... Bill Avery- DP

14. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Hey Pepper, you still want me to round up some bullheads for you this spring?

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    absolutley,!!!! just DON"T let them in the lake what ever you do!!!!!!

But I'd appreciate all you can find...thanks bro!

16. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i can see the sign now "avery's absolutely awesome bite fishin hole". lol

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya know as soon as I brag like that no one would catch nary a fish.... probably not even get a single bite.... you know how that goes:roll_eyes:

Sides... I got very snooty neighbors here so I can't have a "paylake"

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There aint no fish in there.. Ive never caught anything out of it!!!! Just bait
    :wink:

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Given just a little notice, I can arrange professional staff to be on hand for mentally handicapped kids and adults if needed. ( more than likely the same day.) just to say, trained help is here if needed/requested. Often handicapped Kids usually come in small groups now and then, so please, feel free to bring a family member or friend here to fishif they are handicapped.
    My wife and others are FULLY trained to handle seizure of all kinds, it's what my wife has been doing for her entire working life.

We have physically disabled friends and family,,,, from parkinsons diesease to the elderly who have troubles.... most of the area around the pond is easy to walk, this year I want to add a dock or two for those folks also.

I will have to do something about restrooms, but until I get that one figured out, feel welcome to use ours in the house.
    NO WHIZZING IN PUBLIC GUYS!!!!! LOL

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana

Where there went that Idea!!!:smile2: