Mooresville, IN 10/15 hp motor wanted

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by drpepper, Apr 4, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm looking for a reliable 10-15 hp motor for the river here.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You might check Craig List, or Hoosier Topics on the web.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from Kentucky

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Catfisherman... I have lotsa family in Kentucky.. got my wife there mater-O-fact! (georgetown) my father inlaw there is one kick-@ss weekend smallmouth fisherman... My Mom is from Hazzard Ky... lol! I've always been a Hoosier.

5. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Mooresville huh? Small world. I lived there till the sixth grade, went to Northwood elementary. I have a brother (Brian) that still lives over there, in the housing addition over across from Neil Armstrong Elementary school and Good Shepard Baptist Church off of 144. Welcome to the Brotherhood.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Shepard Baptist Church is where I went to school before pastor Benard moved the church over to 144 and I know exactly where your brother lives... yep small world lol!

7. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Yup, known Pastor Bernard about all my life, went to the old church, and the new one, my parents still do.

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was in the same class with David and Curtis....

9. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Its been a long time, I moved from the area in 88. I remember one of the boys committing suicide, cant remember which one. The whole Bernard family was good people. Pastor Barney use to go down to dad's in Paragon to bowhunt deer. I had some good times at that church as a kid. I probably know you, just cant make the connection right now. Gettin old I guess.

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Curtis was the one who done that... the oldest of 3 boys... I'll bet I know you to- it'll be one of those "oh yeah" moments.... (sigh) yep gettin' old!

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A lot of times you can find a good deal on Ebay. Last spring I got a 9.9 Mariner with the console/steering set up / controls / seats/pedestal's/fish finder/ and electric Mercury trolling motor off a guy in Massachusetts for 600 off Ebay. I use that 9.9 for my kicker motor. I think it is a 1996 motor.

The guy had a tree fall on his boat in his yard, insurance reimbursed him for a new boat. He sold me everything out of the old one. The boat and trailer went for scrap metal. He made out like a fat rat, and so did I.

It was a great deal, I just had to drive there to pick it up. I had about 300 in fuel and tolls there and back. But even at 900 invested, I stole all that stuff. Just keep looking on Ebay as stuff changes day to day.

12. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Again on the motor, you might check hoosiertopics.com, they are a free online classified add out of Clay county. They have several different sections from miscelanious items to outdoor equipment. I check em out alot, good bargans. If you cant find what your wanting, wait a day or two and check back in. Good luck.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A little bit afraid of ebay' but I have been checkin' it out now and then. I kinda hate the idea of buyin' stuff without actually laying hands on it first. I've been shoping ebay for local deals but I havent crossed anything appealing yet.

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey... thats a cool little indiana site-thanks!