mooneye maddness 3

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well darn we had another big mayflyhatch. We was back @ it with light gear between lastnight and this morn we boated 58 mooneye some goen 4 lbs and one that went 5. We also got some nice white bass and a few nice hibrids. Even got a lil channel cat lol. More bait for the bait freezer almost full now lol. Goen back out a few hrs before dark and hitting em again for funn. And I am gona put a few small 6 inch mooneye out on bobbers behind the boat see what we get.

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    dam, your hittin those mooneye with a fury! i wish i could get out there. been off work for the last few days and megan is in boston. so im just bored off my a**. good luck to you my friend be safe out there.

3. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys got some more elbow room out there...I could use a few mooneye's :eek:oooh: We got a 17ft simi-v all weld with a 55hp merc jet setup.Its just hard to find these guys.

4. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    If your catchin them that big you are smashing about every states record for mooneye and/or goldeye. Take a camera next time.

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    lol they chunked and in the bait freezer. I will keep it in mind when I catch another mayfly hatch and we nail the jumbo mooneyes. We got a pic of the one my oldest boy caught I will get it up soon in my albums under mooneye madness. I know one thing they are funn as hell to catch and jump like crazy.

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    yeah, its like the record for skipjack in tn., no one knows its there and a ton of guys have easily broke it. but at the end of the day who wants to get into a d*ck measuring contest over bait.

7. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah i think we just had a mayfly hatch here also boat got covered in them this morning wished i would have had light gear with me...... maybe tomarrow night i'll go after some... if the river doesn't come up more.. also when we were out today the river come up almost 2ft lots of water heading your way:crazy:

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Man everytime I come down there the river is way up and there's trash everywhere lol. One day I'll make it down for some mooneye madness because I need some decent bait for when I actually do go out on the river catfishing.