Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Thanks Jeff, but this is MAY!! lol..

Anyhow, I'm a firm believer in the Moon Phase and how it affects the eating habits of the fish!! I've noticed during the a full moon, I've had the best luck on the Wipers. It seems the shad come to the surface and the wipers follow suit!! Noticed alot the full moon has gave me more productive nights fishing for the cats also. Now during deer season, the opposite applies!! Full moon, stay home!! Deer will change the feeding habits to the nighttime, and seeing deer during the day is mostly rare, but some of us do get lucky!! lol..

thanks for the link Jeff!! I know it gives the option to change months!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have found in my fishing that the move phase had no bearing on catching until I sat down and mapped it out by catch rate. Shockingly enough I found my best catfishing to consistently matches the dark moon over the three years I looked at.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
JB I still have that in my favorite list from last year, nice site!

Alot of guys have preferences between full and no moon for night fishing, next time you are out at either of these moon phases try this. full moon outlines surface feeding baitfish and fish(yes catfish) will cruise the water and feed on visual cues from the surface, meaning float your bait under a float in the top three feet of the water column. NO moon fish the bottom, I believe the fish use there sense of taste(smell) and there lateral line functions (hearing+vibration)to feed in low light situations. so fish on the bottom at different depths.

Now this may not be true everywhere, muddy murky water is gonna ruin the visual cues on most fish, but is semi clear to clear water this has worked well for me. try one on the bottom and one near the surface and see for yourself which gets hammered more often in different moon phases.

·
Registered
677 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.