moon phase for catfish

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by flatheadslayer, Oct 10, 2009.

what is the best moon phase for catfishing?

1. full

2. 1st quarter

3. last quarter

4. new

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i was just wondering everyones favorite moon phase to fish.i have friends that will only fish 6 days around a full moon.my self its when ever i can go.what is the best moon phase to fish?

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Preston welcome to the BOC. Any moon is good other then full here for me.

3. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    The darker the better for me

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i have fished them all. the new moon is the most productive

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    New Moon. :wink:

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I clicked the wrong choice..... like mentioned... I like new moon and up to the 1st quarter.... but seems most of the trips end up during the full moon.... Go when you can....

Tight lines... bayrunner Ray

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't have a favorite phase. I just like to hit the water and fish. So whatever phase it is that day is not even relevent. Good poll

8. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Thanks for the post...very interesting. I have always thought that minimal light was best, but I am not sure. One thing about it, if I get a chance to go fishin I will go...whatever the moon. I have never caught anything real big, (PB 11 #) but my largest cat was during a full moon. Kinda nice...don't need a light...:big_smile:

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    they will bite during the full moon ive caught plenty during those times. the absolute best bite was just after the new moon, the moon was like a toe nail high in the east as the sun was coming up. with this solunar event proved a very productive morning. had three poles out with me and they were going off in succession. very busy morning. but havent caught another day like it since. :angry:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I voted the new moon. Most productive for me by far.

11. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    any phase for me as long as I can get my hook wet

12. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    To me, it's always a good time when i'm out there. I think the most productive time is during a new moon. The second best time (IMO) would be during a full moon when there is dark cloud cover. There is something to Cats liking the darkness....

13. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    DITTO!

14. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    the darker the better for me. the full moon is easier to do stuff cuz you can see more but the new moon seems to be more productive

15. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    New moon is good for fishing on the bottom,next time you are out at full moon hang a live bait shallow under a bobber(like two to three feet) it will show up against the light surface and the flats will attack from the bottom,I've been working on a little full moon night fishing tactic,a storm saltwater rattling chug bug surface popper over a shallow flat at night with a full bright moon,work it hard for a few feet,then let it set for 30 seconds,hang on,cause when they hit they don't mess around.

16. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    my best luck 3 days before,during and 3 days after the full moon .all my biggest fish came during this time period.all moon phases are on 7 day time frame in think,it has worked for me in the past. all those fish were shallow 10 ft or less,you also need prime weather cond.:wink::big_smile:

17. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    For me fishing is fun. Sometimes I feel that if you think about things too much, you may just talk yourself out of going fishing when you have the opportunity to fish. In my way of thinking that would be a trajity. Fish when you can and enjoy the outing. :wink: Memories are not always about catching the fish, but rather the overall experience.

Ray

18. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    If im going to fish during the day time I like the full moon but if im night fishing i like the new moon...But my all-time best 2 catches were on a full moon fishing at night with one storm front after another coming in...

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    If you are lucky enough to be able to fish around the moon phases then by all means do so, but it sounds like you are like most of us and have to fish when you can.

20. SnagHatr76

SnagHatr76 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have never had much luck when fishing while the moon was full. The most productive for me is the new moon.