Moon Calendar

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Apr 23, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I was just wondering how many of ya'll base your fishing trips on what the moon calendar shows to be a good time to fish. I always thought it was stupid, but my last few fishing trips have me a believer!

2. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Daniel I am no expert on the subject by I do believe there is something to it also. My mother gardens according to the "Farmers Almanac" which in part uses lunar tables and always has a great garden. The B.A.S.S. magazine has a section on lunar fishing tables and many of the pros keep an eye on the moon, but don't talk much about it. In my opinion if a fisherman really understood how it all worked they would probably be a better fisherman.

3. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I kinda agree with Larry. I watch the lunar tables but I am more interested in the weather fronts.I was told a long time ago to always fish a front in.This seems to be about as good as info as I have found.But there are many other conditions to consider,such as water temp,clarity,rising or falling water levels and rising or falling barometric pressures.My best advise is go any time you get the chance.You can't catch fish setting at home. JMO Allen