Monty report Oct 25th 2009

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SCcatfishing, Oct 25, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Went to monty today we had a good day overall.
    Water temp 68
    air temp upper 60's
    wind 15-20

We started off fishing the dam area of the lake, got a 3 dinks.... So moved to another area no hits.... So was looking for a new place on the lake.... Went to a place in 50 foot of water where we marked not a single fish.... So started the drift there and wow 18 fish on a single drift, drifted that path again and got 5 more.... so we ended the day with 3 fish from 9pm-12pm and then from 1pm-4pm we got 23 fish.... Grand total was 26 fish for the day... all fish was from 2lbs-8lbs I will add picks Monday

2. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good report!! Guess you guys had it figured out after lunch then ehh! I was also on the lake today and fished mostly the dam area. We managed 8 cats 10#,12#, the rest from 2-5#. Also caught a tank full of white perch for bait later. Our fish came from 40-60 foot range also, tried deeper with no luck. All fish were caught on bluebacks. Not too bad for my first monty trip! You might have seen us out there in the Carolina skiff ?

3. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    hows the new parking lot. did they do any work to the ramp.

4. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    No work to the ramp yet.... I seen you out there then... We was on the toon. we started our drift right after we passed you... skiff with newer merc motor? I waived at ya but didn't know who you was.... :wink:

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds like everyone caught fish out there....good job.

Larry, you forgot to load up on bait from my tank Saturday night ; )~ I guess I have no regrets stayin home this time, still had a good weekend with the kids and I'll fish through the week ; )

-Jim-