Monty 2/27

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Backwoods Baitman, Mar 2, 2009.

1. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Friday morning on the Big Monty was an experience that Monty is well known for.:eek:oooh: I took my brother with me and the water beat us all the way across that lake. The waves were so bad it loosened my center console from the deck. So after all that trouble I was committed to catching some fish. We ended up putting 1 fish in the boat a 6 Lb Blue. The highlight of the day was a hook up that I have been telling him about the rod doubled over the side of the boat and it was on. My brother was having a ball then all of a sudden the fish pulls out his trusty razor blade and cut his line. :cool2: Oh that was a big fish. Well that is fishing. We will have to go after them again. Then the rains came and we called it a day.:smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds exciting, keep us posted when you go out there and get your revenge

3. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    HeyScott them Big Mon blues have a bad habbit of finding away to get off, I had one do the same thing a few weeks ago.

4. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Monty can beat the best of us, for sure. But when it's on, look out. Glad you had a safe trip. By the way, got bait?

God Bless All,
    Steve

5. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    I'm with you Scott, I was at Monticello on Friday also, didn't catch any fish couldn't keep the boat still. I left the lake about 10:30am because of the wind. But there will be better days.

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, don't it make you mad when they do that. We fished a Tournament on the 28th, in the wind and rain. Didn't have anything to break our line and even lucked up with 72lbs for the 3 fish weigh in. Those guys hold a good tourny. Catawba Catfish Club. Good luck next time out.

7. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Man yeah. SHAD!!!!

8. Get yourself some mussles from the bank of the big island.

Try them you may like what you find

:wink::wink::wink: