Montrose Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Jan 30, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well heading to montrose this weekend ,not going to put boat in ,just walking down to the discharge channel ,i am taking the camera and will be posting pics of the area and maybe the catch of the day

2. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Good luck Robert,

I will be looking forward to viewing the pics of your trip.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Haven't fished there in several years. Let us know how it is.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Which state is that? we have a Montrose Iowa about 10 miles upriver, right on the Mississippi River. Later Andy

5. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    Let us know how it went!!

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Robert,
    Where is this Montrose Lake located at? The reason I ask,is because I live in Montrose,Iowa,on the mighty Mississippi River. If it's not to far away,and the fishing is decent,might have to try it out sometime just for the heck of it.
    Glenn

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I don't think he's going anywhere close to Iowa..:roll_eyes:

Montrose power plant lake down by Truman Reservoir.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well OK then, I I'm glad we got that established. I was wondering if me and Gordhawk was going to have to stock up on groceries or something. Well you all are welcome to come up and try our fishing hole sometime. Later Andy

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    montrose mo,it is kcpl powerplant lake ,2years ago the state record flathead was caught there,and i have pulled several 30 and 40 lber out of there,you just have to keep dipping your pole in the water every once in awhile to melt the ice off the eyes.

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well due to the cold and snow ,i guess i will wait one more weekend.(man i hate winter)

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well it is only down to 16 ,so i am heading to montrose this morning hopefully have some pics of cats tonight

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well went to montrose just a few little taps on the pole,spent 3 hours there no fish,but got about 6 lbs of shad ,so i went below truman dam ,where they have been running water through the turbins ( not today) no fish,but it was nice getting out .