montrose bound

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by medford, Nov 20, 2009.

1. medford

medford Member

State:
    pleasant h
    been thinkin maybe gettin close to a trip to montrose with the water coolin off may be a bite or two in that warmer water have to plan on a trip soon maybe a small get together:wink:

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not sure but I think they close it to fishing during waterfowl season. LaCygne in Kansas is another good winter place to go. Chris

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yep wont open back up until jan 1st

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I have fished montrose for many year ,mostly in jan ,i have seen flathead caught in jan in the warm water channel ,which is a wierd thing .About 4 years ago i took me a thermometer on my crappie pole and threw it out by the bouy at the warm water channel and with both stacks running hard i had 59 degree water temp air temp was 30 degrees.I think winter should be a good time to fish montrose,they are all stacked up in the warm water discharge .Too bad a person cant fish all the way up where the water comes out of the plant.need to plan a jan trip.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Just looked duck season is over on jan 5th

6. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Lacygne is average of 60-75 degrees at the discharge, and a really swift current, and is also about 75 yards wide compared to Montrose. Chris

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    wheres that at chris ,are yhere any big fish caught there?

8. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Rob, Lacygne is full of big flatheads, hybrids/white bass, walleye, and crappie. It has a pretty heavy current though, nothing like Montrose. There is a low head dam that dumps into the main lake at the warm water discharge. Here is a map from yahoo maps. Instead of turning right off of 69 Highway onto Highway 159, turn left and then take the first left from there which goes to the lake. http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=38...&q1=Warrensburg, Missouri&q2= Lacygne, Kansas Chris

9. medford

medford Member

State:
    pleasant h
    i have fished there in the past caught some pretty nice fish:wink:

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga