Monticello Sunday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Freeman.360, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

last time me and my dad went to monticello we cault one fish around 4 pounds.....haha how bad. we are pretty sure that it was the rain and change in wether that messed them up. but i see where sunday it is suposed to be 70 degrees! It hasnt rained lately and seems to be getter a little warmer. should we give monticello a try sunday of this week? or should we just stay home?

2. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    U never know what to expect on any given day at the Big Mon. If the weathers nice and u feel like going I would go.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I expect to see everyone and their brother on the water this weekend... on all the lakes. With that in mind after Sunday everyone will be gone and you might get some Monty reports from over the weekend. Then during the week you might have a idea what's going on.

Me personally.......I'd go fish no matter what, I've caught many fish when no-one else did ; )

I say go and fish...show em how it's done !!!!

G'luck !!!!
    -Jim-

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Go anytime it is safe and you get a chance to go. Post us up some pictures tomorrow evening.
    Caught fish on days I didnt think i would and got skunked on optimal days. You dont know what to exepct.

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sunbird says "GET ON THE WATER" :wink:

I have never caught a fish while sitting at home!:eek:oooh:

6. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

put it twice

7. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

well me and my dad and my friend went out sunday. we had no bream only herring and some kind of shrimp. we got to our spot at around nine and didnt do anything until around 2 so moved to another spot and didnt get but one around 4 pounds there. it was a tough day, just like the last 4 times we have been lol. but it was an ok day on the water and we had a good time. we did get into some white bass with jiggin spoons and that was pretty fun, so we have those for next time. but i really dont know what what it is....the lake was full of bass boats too maybe that is what we should have done haha. we have been on murray fishing for largemouth and havent done really anything there either. i think its just the weather

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Well, ya got out with dad , caught a few , and enjoyed the water . I went last night , alone, and didn't even get a nibble........ so don't feel bad, LOL . Thanks for the report, you'll get em next time .

-Jim-