Monticello Questions...

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Zero, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Guys I have a kid friend (well he's not that young anymore, high school) who wants to go fishing, and I'm trying to decide on Wateree or Monty...No boat, will be from public spots only or my aunts place on Wateree. Either place I'm sure I won't be able to find fresh bream, perch, or shad, especially with the net restriction on Monticello...could net all day on Wateree but from the bank I don't think I'll find bait anyway.

I drove by Monticello today and it looked absolutely beautiful...flattest I've seen it and the sun felt great. I was thinking maybe the public rec area or if there's somewhere else that has deep water fairly close by that may be holding small blues and channels? Would love suggestions.

Wateree's more direct for me, and about 15-20 minutes closer. Can cast net there but I'm sure all the bait is in deeper water.

Whatcha think? Would spend 4-8 daytime hours hoping to catch enough cats for a mess to fry up. Would take livers and worms, maybe some dipbait. Might luck into some perch or bream on the worms for bait....

2. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Monty you can use a cast net as of last year... Also I'm sending you a PM.

3. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    Replied, thank you.

Glad to hear castnets are legal now. I never saw much difference in miles of fishing line and anchor ropes vs a weighted net...