Monticello 9/19/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Jimmy Johnny and I swooped in on Monty today like the Huns outta the mountains :crazy: We cleaned up on the dinks, and lost count at 20 or so. We did manage a meager few 3# - 5#, and one 12# that I caught by accident :eek:oooh:

We were drifting in a new area when Jimmy got one of his rods hung up. So I jumped up to bring in one of my rods so it wouldn't get hung up with him. As I was reeling in it felt like I got hung up too, so I started to try to break my line free when suddenly the "snag" started to pull back! And quite vigorously, too! A couple of minutes later and we had this beautiful 12# blue in the boat, where is got his picture taken, a ceremonial smack on the head, and released. We were hoping to tie into something larger today, but we had a great time and can't complain about that :smile2:

Attached Files:

2. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Myself and sccatfishing went there today as well. Olny stayed for a few hours but did well. All eaters 3 to 5 pounds. David thought he was hung and after trying to pull it free the "snag" started moving off but the threw the hook.... thats how it goes some times.

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Doug couldn't even give me time to post!!!!:wink: Well me and another person went to Murray to get shad.... Trying our new setup 5k generator with two parking lot light lol... Works good but got to find those shad.... So going to monty to try to find some bigger shad yall know where a good place to start looking on monty for shad?

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats guys on the 20+ blue cat spankn':wink: Glad ya'll guys had a great day.

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Here kitty kitty?? Nice trip! Catfish must love seafood!:smile2:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Never skimp on the scrimps!

BB

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Believe it or not it was a no-shrimp day. I know what your thinking...Pat with no shrimp,,whats up with that ?

We had big fun out there and one of these days we'll find that big boy ; )