Monticello 05/27/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chalk, May 27, 2009.

1. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Went to Monti today hoping the rain would miss me but just didn't happen. Managed to catch a 2lb and 4lb blue on the first setup. As soon as I moved and get reset the rain started coming down, as I was putting on my rain coat I looked back and saw one of the rods bent under the boat and the fight begin. After tangling up 3 lines the 22lb Blue finally let me take a pic and was released to fight another day. Stayed several hours after the rain stopped but never got another bite????:crazy:

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report Kevin.:wink: 22 lbs is a nice one!

3. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    22lbs is definately a nice Blue, and makes it even sweeter when you catch them in inclement weather. Congrats!

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Hey a 22#'er will put a smile on your face after a hard day of fishin. I'm over due for one of them smiles myself, LOL.....Nice blue, thanks for the pic.

-Jim-

5. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Very nice fish Kevin. I sure love to fish Monticello but havent been there since 2004.

6. turkyhunt

turkyhunt New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We are headed down to Monti in the morning. What bait did you catch the 22 lb'er on?

7. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Cut herring:wink: