Monthly BOC Outdoorsmen Gathering

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RamRod, Dec 7, 2005.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was just curious of how much an interest it would be for members to get together maybe once a month. Not necessarily to go fishing, but just hang out for a day or weekend at someone's house. Maybe play some cards and chew the fat about fishing.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm not talking having to travel several states away unless you want to. But set a date each month and let any members that can make it come.

I'm game for meeting more of the members and know of 3 or 4 that would get together with us. We plan on making some sinkers this winter anyway. If you'd like to come to my house next month send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good old SciFi and DH had somethin like that goin a while back. Never made one cause the 1000 miles was a bit much for me. LOL! However those that attended always had a blast and the posts and pics to prove it. LOL! Great idea if ya can pull it off.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Big George, you beat me! I was gonna let Rod Know . It is a very good idea. wish we could get something like that going here. :D

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys, I'm just trying to get together with more and more members that I can. I feel you can never have enough friends. Anybody out there have sinker molds that could make it to a get together at my house next month so we could make sinkers? If so let me know what kinds you have. Also if anybody that wants to come and bring some lead that's OK too.

I'm looking for a cast iron pot if anyone has one they would like to get rid of. The molds I have right now are bank sinker, walking sinker and egg sinker all which are Do-It molds. I also have a LEE ingot mold. Looking for a no roll mold as well.

RamRod

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I think that is a great idea johnny. You just let me know and i will make it if i can. I am willing to travel some. I just like meeting new members and having a good time. And i know how to play poker :D got my own personal change can just for the occasion.

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds great, anybody else wanna join in on the fun?

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Will you help split air-fare???? LMAO!!!

Sounds like a great idea guys. Good luck, and have fun.

Ray

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    RamRod, I'm sure a cast iron pot would be really nice for melting lead, but I've done just fine for over 50 years using old sturdy kitchen pots. Right now, my lead melting pot is an old 10" saucepan--the type with a handle on each side. The teflon lining got all scratched up, and part of one handle broke off, so the pot was ready for the garbage can. I recycled it. I like using a good sized pot because pouring 6 & 8 ounce sinkers requires a lot of melted lead.

9. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the info Jerry and Ray you are more than welcome to come to my house. It's open to any BOC member that wants to come. I've got plenty of room here, with a full size basement with a pool table, entertainment center, poker table, queen size bed and several computers to get on the web with high speed. Anyone is welcome to spend the night if they want to, so sleeping accomodations are taken care of.

Just PM me with your name and phone number so I can start arranging things. Give me some ideas and days that work best for you all that way I can pinpoint a day that works best for the majority.

Thanks,
    Johnny