Montgomery county Creek Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by fekum, Jul 15, 2008.

1. fekum

fekum New Member

State:
    PA
    Does anyone know of any good creeks in Montgomery county? Thats my favorite kind of fishing. You can walk up and down for miles and catch fish all day long of any kind. Any good spots to catch crawfish? I tried Ringold Creek in Clarksville but its stagnant and doesnt seem to have any fish where I went. On Fort Campbell is a waste of time too unless they just stocked for Trout. We went yesterday and caught 4" Bluegill and 2 big crawfish on a worm (oops). Any tips help.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bill, Welcome to the BOC. If you drive out hiway 13 toward Dickson and take the split toward Erin, you'll cross Yellow Creek about 10 miles or so down. Go past it and turn left on Ellis Mills road. Then follow it up and take any of the left turns and you'll cross the creek. You can wade it from the bridges. My neighbors say it's a great place to wade and fish. Not sure how the property access works if you're in the creek. Might want to check on that part.

3. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome Bill to the BOC, can't help you out in that neck of the woods but sounds like Bryan has you headed in the right direction. Good fishing