Monster

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by waitin on whiskers, Oct 29, 2006.

1. waitin on whiskers

waitin on whiskers New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Not the fish, the guy that had the fish. He was prolly 6, 2'' or better and every bit of 230lbs, and boy did i upset him. I was trying to catch some bluegills in the cast net at the boat ramp i usually do when this guy pulls up in his boat. Well i help him out and hold the rope and all while he goes to get his truck, mean while i hear some floping around in the boat and notice the seven or eight eater blues he has( 3 to 5lbs ). well he comes back gets the boat on the trailer and pulls up and comes back to tie down the boat and i congrat him on the nice fish. He says " o thats nothing you ought to see what i got in the ice chests." So he pulls out the ice chects and starts pulling out blues. 6 total none under 40 lbs that i would estimate. Seems he uses jugs lines on the lake regularly and checks them every other day he told me and that he had two dead that he threw back that were bigger.
    So stupid me what do i do i ask him if he ever CPR's any of his fish. He looked at me and said that it was stupid and he never throws back a fish.
    Well i should have let it die but...... I ask him what was stupid about releasing fish so someone else maybe his kids could catch them another day, well that comment sent him running around the boat right into my face. I thought he was gonna deck me. He began yelling at me about how he's tired of people telling him that he should let his fish go when hes the one that spent the time and money to catch them, with some pretty colorful language. Well at this point i just turned and walked away and he was still yelling stuff about us people were just jealous because we didnt know how to catch the big fish and this and that. well by now i had the cast net and bait bucket back in the truck and the door opened, so i yelled at him that he wasnt a real fisherman cause real fisherman catch the big fish on rod and reel. Not to offend anyone. Well he dropped his paddle and started walking to the truck so i jumped in and took off, but obviously i wasnt the first to mention CPR to him. No tellin how many big fish he has killed. Has neone else had a response like this from the mention of CPR.

2. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    personally i feel if the man wants to keep the fish it is his choice the one thing i do disagree with is him leaving his juglines out for two days without checking them when i run jugs or trotlines i will not leave them out for more than 8 hours without checking them (only do it 2 or 3 times a year )

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i believe theres laws against leaving them out and not being present here . i could be wrong tho , either way if the guy caught the fish they are his fish to do as he wishs , there are laws against want and waist which say you cant catch and throw them up on the bank to rot .
    you got to be carefull around people and how you talk to them about cpr , i avoid telling others what to do with their fish i just let them know what i do .

4. waitin on whiskers

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Yea believe me i know now, but i didnt tell him what to do with his fish i just asked him if he ever cpr's any of his fish, but i think the way he reacted someone might have and he may have took my ? the wrong way.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Gave ya some rep. for being smart and getting in your truck and leaving-ain't worth fighting over fish.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Well from his reaction to the question he has heard it before, alot. Some people are just grumpy! I don't think you did anything wrong.
    Bill

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I believe that folks have a right to chose to keep or release. What I dont get is, why did he throw back the 2 dead ones? All in all, you handled the situation quite well brother.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it sounds like an immature confrontation to me.
    real fishermen only catch big fish on rods and reels?
    nyaaah, nyaaah, nyaaah....did you stick your tongue out at him when you said that?:embarassed:

the law in oklahoma is jug and trot lines be checked every 24 hrs, but i too believe they should be run every 2 to 4 hours.

the man should be ashamed for wasting fish by letting them die on the hook, but if he chooses to eat what he catches i don't see why you should get your panties in a wad about it - it is legal to eat the fish we catch, isn't it?

do you hunt? you think that hunters should use tranquilizer darts so the animal can be spared?:roll_eyes:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Shoulda dropped him the minute he got in your face and started unloadin on ya. I'm not big on turn the other cheek and all that crap. Especially when you did nothin to provoke his response.

Now gettin in the truck and firein the last shot with your getaway all planned out. That was cheap!

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    The only problem I have is him not checking his jugs. If a person isnt going to stay on top of running jugs by checking them peroidically, then dont run them. Its a shame to have a fish die, but at the same time, if it goes back into water, it does become apart of the ecosystem. So it isnt a total waste. I personally would have laughed over his confontational demeanor. I found it to be humorous, ovbiously, he was having a bad day that catching a few fish didnt take of. But if he wants to keep all the fish he catches, hes welcomed too, its his right, as long as hes within the limits.

11. Wayne J.

Wayne J. New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I really dont have a lot to say about it,but, If were not really careful, A lot of us may be sounding like P.E.T.A. good luck and good fishing:cool2:

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you did mean "People Eating Tasty Animals", right?:lol:

13. waitin on whiskers

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I agree with you all, if someone wants to keep the fish they catch that is their right. I just thought it weird that the guy would explode like that when ask if he ever releases any fish ( i didnt tell him he needed to or even suggest it).

14. waitin on whiskers

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    the man should be ashamed for wasting fish by letting them die on the hook, but if he chooses to eat what he catches i don't see why you should get your panties in a wad about it - it is legal to eat the fish we catch, isn't it?

do you hunt? you think that hunters should use tranquilizer darts so the animal can be spared?

Well seems u missed the point i didnt get my panties in a bunch, i simply ask if he ever released ne fish, there is a difference. And yes i do hunt, bow hunt mainly, and usually only take does. I have seen bucks freshly left with just the horns missing and the meat left laying, and i think this is wrong and something should be done about it, maybe u dont but that is a completly different subject then what i was talking about.