Monster Flat Head Mount

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Shutupandfish, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you all remember the monster flathead that was caught last year down south, well the individual who caught the fish had it mounted. The individual who mounted the fish lives in my neck of the woods up in Louisiana mo, AKA Gods Country. I didnt know he had the fish till i went to his house to get a price on another mount. This individual is an avid catfisherman and we have met a couple times while fishing on Salt River. He asked if i had heard about the record catfish that was caught this summer down south. I told i did and saw pics on the internet. He asked if i wanted to see it close up. I didnt believe him but sure enough he took me out to his shop and there it was. YOu have to see this monster up close to appreciate the size.

Attached Files:

2. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Thanks for the post, I hope to be able to do one for my son one day.

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    That was an awesome mount. Thanks for the post

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I would have found a better place for it.......but sweet mount none the less. I would have definatley had a replica made and let that monster go free!

5. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree i would have had a picture mount made and let her go.

6. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Josh, thanks for the pics, by the way will you put up a avatar pic already, I know you have plenty of pics with all those dinks you have caught, lol:rotfl:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    be in my living room...put tv in the shop

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing. A big fish and a nice mount.

9. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    That is a big mount. I would find somewhere that more people would see it. Thanks for sharing.

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Keeping that monster just for a mount is a real shame but it is one heck of a neat mount...i would display that thing with pride in my living room or something...reguardless of what the wife said...maybe lol

11. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have some buddies who do taxidermy..They say you cannot mount a catfish that large due to the skin of a catfish..You sure that isn't a replica? Just curious..

12. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Awesome fish regardless!

13. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    From talking with guy, he stated it was the original, he finished the mount and was waiting for the individual to come and pick it up. Inside his house he also has a couple blues over 60# and one flathead over 50#. YOu could be totally correct, but as far as i know it is the real deal.

14. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That hurts, you cut me deep!!! Lets just say that i have a feeling that by the end of spring i will have an avatar posted of a Hog. Just a feeling.

15. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    What all you need to watch..All i watch is fishing anyway and it is always B@$$ and i hate B@$$ fishing..lmao....................I think that one would be the ultimate Mantle topper if i had one??>..Maybe a rouldof in the christmas decorations..lmao

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know if id a had it mounted but if i did id build a glass box for it and attach it to top of my truck.id want ever body to see it.

17. fishingwaco

fishingwaco New Member

State:
    texas
    Here is 2 of my big blue catfish mount, live weight on the first was 60 lbs. It's a reproduction.
    Live weight on the second is 70 lbs. A reproduction mount also. Reproduction is the only way to go for all fish mounts this day and age. Just thought I would share mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 12 lb largemouth bass reproduction
    [​IMG]

18. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    As a Taxidermist myself It is almost impossible to skinmount a cat. Most likley a replica. For the people that want an original. I actually mold the original fish and cast a replica, then anymore that size dont need to be kiled I can simply use the mold again for another cast. If its close in size and weight. I usually ask for a picture of the fish for the paint job, down to the scars.

19. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    THE OLD IL STATE RECORD WAS DONE AS A LIVE MOUNT AND IT SUCKED , DIDENT LOOK EVEN CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL FISH AND THE SKIN LOOKED ROUGH,LOOKED LIKE IT WAS ROTING ON THE WALL,