Monster Channel Catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Mar 29, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I went out fishing yesterday morning and my luck wasn't great, but at least I caught some, after I saw the VooDoo Bones. The first one was a carp, then I got into a mess of channel cats, as you can see by the pic they were all monsters! Maybe, I can get as good as Mellon!

TA2D

Aaron

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are as good as Mellon Now, Mellon is gona take a skunking for the year!;)

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    My goal for the year was to outfish suddawg, but it's kinda unfair with him being in Kuwait til August-September. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do, maybe my oldest son can outfish the 'Ol Man!

TA2D

Aaron

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    isnt that a monster flathead?

Why dont I see spines in his fins???? am I missing something?

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    It's an itty bitty channel, caught about a dozen of them, this was the smallest, I used the lighter for a size reference here's one more, thats a 2oz bank sinker next to the monster!

Aaron

TA2D

Attached Files:

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    oh yeah, man... the side view really gives him away!

LOL

Good catch- thats better than me so far this year. All the lakes around me still are in the 30s!

7. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Those are some monsters. If I were you I would look into possibly mounting some of those trophy fish!!:)

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol i caught a few like that last year,a few times i didnt even know i had one hooked until i went to check my bait, to funny.Im like flathunter im 0for2 myself,im hoping this is no indication of what my year is going to be like.I will say ive been trying a few new spots so im still experimenting with a few fishing holes right now.

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I think that it was the voodoo bones.... not sure what it was, but that's where I was fishing straight out from 'dem bones, 'dem bones.....

TA2D

Aaron

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    now thats what i call tackle busters:)

11. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Nice to use restraint and CPR!

12. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yep, it's a good thing they don't mount channel cats like they do bass and crappies or that one would definitely be hanging on your wall I bet.

13. skerzfan

skerzfan New Member

State:
    Hastings, NE
    Man, that lighter must be HUGE!

At least you weren't skunked. The next one is bound to be bigger.

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    How hard did those monsters hit ? Bet it about broke yer pole ! Might of even striped some line too....

Thanks for sharing that was funny.

15. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Almost busted my Berkley Big Game with my southbent Cat reel on it:crying:

Aaron

TA2D

16. TEAYSWRESTLER

TEAYSWRESTLER New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Been out a few times this year but only a few hours a time. Caught a channel each time out bout a pound/ pound 1/2

17. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey TA2D, I'm guessing all that snow you got awhile back is gone. Man this deployment is going to kick my butt come this summer knowing all those perfect nights waiting for the cats to come out to feed. Anyways, I'm going to try my luck on the Navy pier here in Kuwait. The locals say there's plenty of fish in there. First time in four deployments that I can go fishing, so I can't pass this opportunity up. Later

SudDawg

18. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    TA2D- where were you when i was trying to catch aquirium sized fish for a presentation i had to give to a scout troop? Only ones i could catch were 12-15 inche bullheads and well they don't fit well in a 7.5 gallon tank with small bass and sunnies in it as well.

19. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Aaron - don't feel too bad! One day last year that's all I caught, 3" -4" inchers. I started to think that somebody had put the whammy on me :confused:

20. greenwing7

greenwing7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    isn't that how they make fish sticks?