Monster Cats

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mrs Okie, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    When are you guys gonna tell us about Monster Cats? :confused2: I have searched the net for Fat Cat Outdoors and Monster Cats and have seen some astonishing videos, but nothing from ya'll. Website? Where to purchase videos? And I want want of those dang shirts. :cool2: Details, please.

2. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Second that:big_smile:

3. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Let us know when your products become available, 3XLT shirt please just let me know how much.

4. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Well it all started earlier this year. Myself, Grump, Ryan, and Nanner were setting at the bar having dinner (where all great ideas are born) talking about catfish videos. We all agreed that there wasn't much out there that we thought was much good. We came up with quite a few NEW ideas on what they were lacking and decided we could make the best catfishing video ever. I really think we have done so too. I get excited every time we watch some of the footage we have now. We have over 250 hrs of video captured and are getting more by the day. It is being edited now and should be ready around X-mas for release. Nanner is playing I.T. geek and developing the web site that should be up and running soon. Didn't you all notice how much silver he has in his hair now? :wink:
    Well, without giving the whole thing away all I can say is it is going to be the best giant catfishing video ever. We have more than 15 fish over 50lb. all on HD video this year. We have put some serious time on the water to get the quality video and fish we think we need. We'll try to get some still shots up on here soon and possibly some video clips to tease everyone a bit.
    I'll let the rest of the crew add on from here.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yeah, I want some more details I've never heard of it either till I showed up at the tourny and you guys were wearing your shirts. Whats this all about?

6. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I am already thinking about Christmas. These videos would make great stocking stuffers. Think they will be available to be marketed by then?

7. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Right on Phyllis. "WE DEMAND" more info. :smile2: J/K........But maybe us Gateway cats members could purchase the special uncut unedited version. LOL Even better yet "The Bloopers" I know there has got to be a ton of that in 250 hours. Now that would be Cool.:big_smile:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    It's basically as swamp has stated. By Christmas, Monster Cats 1 should be born. We have 15 fish over 50 pounds, captured on two different High Definition Video Cameras. There might even be 3 or 4 Monsters in there you'll have to look forward too. Lol

There is no magic editing. Every fight you'll see the rod fold over, the battle, and of course the closeups. You'll get to see the rig ups, the bait, and the humminbird.

The goal from day one was to make them entertaining, and educating. To give folks there hard earned moneys worth. Rest assured we will stuff as much footage into one DVD as it will possibly allow and bring it to you at a very, very fair price.

The entire process has been both exciting, and well, humbling to say the least. We have been forced to learn filming techniques, editing techniques, web building ( still ongoing) And, I've been building two other sites as I have gone along, gateways and the Plattin rock boat clubs.

We have each jumped into this pile with way more money than we could afford so we hope the public likes what we have. Although the cost has been very considerable, we did not want to go into this project half arse and cheat anyone out a dime.

There has never been a monster cats video with these many tremendous fish in it before but we were fortunate to find the fish when we absolutely needed Them.

The time on the water has been exciting, but I can tell say for every hour of film we lay down, it's five hours of work to follow. Now that were all broke ( I have 163 bucks in my checking account lol) and mostly in trouble with our significant others, we still remain excited at what lies ahead.

Swamp said it correctly. I had bought every catfishing video out there, an I just didn't feel like they did justice to the sport, and didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth. There was one video that was 19 bucks for 30 minutes of footage! Your not gonna get that with us.

It's been fun, it's been hard, it's been humbling. We sincerely hope the investment halfway pays for itself.

Well have some shirts, hats, koozy cups and that sort of thing avail soon as well as a a small sampling of some video footage soon.

There is still much work on the big tomale, as artwork needs completed, attorneys consulted, and the normal stuff like that when you sell to the public, but we are shooting hard for a Christmas delivery.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh Mr Rat, you can't even imagine the bloopers lmao

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    And to just touch on Mrs Okies post a bit more, I guess we did a good job of keeping it under the table lol

We wernt trying to be deceitfull, or play games, it's just were competing against some other 'big money' entitys, and we didn't want to motivate them to work harder, or hear about the things we were doing so that there project could be made better.

In a nutshell, were just four catfisherman that had alot of learning to do, but thought we had a neat idea and wanted to protect it. Cats outa the bag now lol

11. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas

Well fishermen are good at keeping things hidden and not telling the whole truth..most of them want just tell you a straight out lie but they will sure add to or leave out small bits of info.....:wink: :wink: :wink:

12. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

14. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  15. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    My oh my when do you get to lose that hideous signature? Lol

17. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

18. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I think I will just keep it...it is starting to grow on me....:wink: :wink:

19. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Scott,
    I do think it looks good on you!:wink:

20. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Should be interesting to say the least. I'll be sure to pluck down my dough.

I'm really interested in the bloopers / nutroll videos -- perhaps that can be shown on the outtakes like the movies. Asian carp are kind of interesting as well, they get a lot of hits on youtube.