MONSTER CAT

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by skawez, Feb 18, 2008.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    this is 400 lbs. unreal .The entire, unedited battle will re air on VERSUS (VS) Network Saturday Feb 17 at 11:30 am eastern time. did anyone see this airing? and know when it'll be on again? id like to see the battle instead of just the fish .. heres the link for the release of the fish... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABRBISg1D08

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    my goodness was that whale?lol thanks for the link that was truly a monster.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That was a monster Wels(?) cat!!! Thanks for sharing!

4. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    That's a monster.I DVRed the Saturday 11:30 Eastern episode of Hunt For Big Fish.I haven't watched it yet,but I fastforwarded through it ,and the episode is of a trip to Costa Rica, and I believe the big cat he caught in Africa.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would definitly like to watch that show!

6. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Uhps, my mistake. It looks like he caught that monster in South America.I went to the shows website,and it appears that this episode will appear on March 5th,7th,and 8th @ 11:30 eastern.Larry does go out there and gets some biggins.I just wish that I could escape this winter wonderland of Wisconsin to the Tropics to catch some fishies.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    It was a great show watching him catch that fish. I don't remeber the type of catfish, but its not a wels. South American species.
    They actually started the boat and backed up to pull the fish off the bottom.

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    This is the reason I only swim in Pools.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Steve that is one awesome fish. That will make me have good dreams at night. :still_dreaming::still_dreaming::still_dreaming:

10. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I have seen that video clip somewhere else, would be fun getting something like that in.

11. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i saw that show, that thing just about pulled him out of the boat. they did back up to after a long fight and pulled it off the bottom with the motor, what a monster. its a good show.

12. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I remember that episode. He kept having those suckers break him off on some underwater cliff. That thing drug there little boat all over the place. They couldn't even pick it up. Hunt for Big Fish is a fun show :smile2:

13. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I washed that show more than once. Unreal. If anyone has comcast they usually put it on, ON DAMAND. Just makes me think how big the fish get in the waters we fish but we just have never seen them.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    has been on here a week or two ago.

heres the species.
    http://www.jjphoto.dk/fish_archive/warm_freshwater/pseudoplatystoma_coruscans.htm

i just seen one in a pet shop last week getting food for my trantula and bullhead.

im getting one that looks similar. this one was $79 and was about 7"long.

one im getting is $21 and has the long snout too.

anyone ever seen one of them suckerfish from wal-mart out of an aquarium? i had a 5000 gallon koi pond and mine got huge too.
    these are the plecostomus that are about $5

http://www.jjphoto.dk/fish_archive/warm_freshwater/liposarcus_ambrosettii.htm

15. mkman

mkman New Member

State:
    USA
    Cats4uandme, sorry but the catfish Larry Dahlberg caught is not a p. coruscans.

It is a brachyplatystoma filamentosum aka piraiba.

Its a hard fish to find but lately a few have made it to a LFS in Michigan and a vendor online had some.

Here is a pic of two I had:

[​IMG]

One died but the other one is hanging in there. I have 4 being shipped to me tonight and I will have to pic them up at the airport.

They are truly monsters and I and a few guy who own a b. filamentosum are trying to see how big they can grow within 6 months.

Here is the pic of the current verified world record, its 7ft 9 inches and weighs 313 lbs.
    [​IMG]

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Unbelievable! Wow, what a cat. Thanks for sharing the link, and I"ll be watching for the show.

17. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Would love to hook into one of those big boys.

18. mkman

mkman New Member

State:
    USA
    Hey guys, more pics of my piraiba (the same species of fish Larry Dahlberg caught his 400 lb cat)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't let their tiny size fool you..............they will end up like this

7ft 9inch 313 world record:
    [​IMG]