Monster base2 or 4

Discussion in 'MONSTER ROD HOLDERS' started by Khh27, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    I plan on getting 6 of the 0/33s and wondering what base.. now I just bought a boat and it's a triumph so its ropeline. should I go for the economy 4 over the 2 bases? I will not be able to use through bolts. Will screws suffice? What kind or if not what should I use. The extra mounting power of the 4 screws is why I want to go with the 4 base otherwise if I could use through bolts I'd have no problem with the 2.

2. Rodbolt

Rodbolt Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Larry
    Four screws if you can’t use through bolts. Good bases and mounting screws for great rod holders....which your 0/33’s are.

3. Zigarro

Zigarro Well-Known Member

State:
    N. Texas
    Name:
    L.W.
    Kyle, we went with the HD-33s and found that we can use 'em as 0/33 when we need to. (cheaper)

4. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    How should you recommend mounting them in the ropeline? Got a picture how you did that?

5. Zigarro

State:
    N. Texas
    Name:
    L.W.
    Sorry, we have a pontoon and used square rail mounts as well as the four hole flush mounts on the rear wood deck.

6. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    I would imagine 4 like SS machine screws will work

7. Zigarro

State:
    N. Texas
    Name:
    L.W.
    Machine screws or maybe sheet metal screws, as long as they are self-starting. On our boat, we have 12 mounts scattered around, and only have 8 holders (4ea) that we move where we need 'em. Good luck!

8. olde sarge

olde sarge New Member

State:
    Tx
    Name:
    John Fitzgerald
    Khh27, the first thing I saw with your rear seat setup was how I would use the 2 rearmost seat pole holes for rigging a bar mount across the back. Most of my fishing is power drifting in a large lake with an occasional anchored set up in moving water. Would work for me. Great boat.

Zigarro likes this.
  9. Zigarro

State:
    N. Texas
    Name:
    L.W.
    Welcome to USCA John, from N. Texas!

10. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    Welcome John. I do very little drifting only drifting I do is for stripers most of my fishing is anchored of fast moving water

11. Zigarro

State:
    N. Texas
    Name:
    L.W.
    Kyle, do y'all have paddles there? If not, wonder if Virginia might be talked into stocking some since they love that current.

12. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    I believe we do although I've never seen or heard of anyone catching any but they are in the aquariums in virginia that say they are native they may just be endangered and not caught often or in VA waters other then my knowing of. I know there are sturgeon. Its awesome watching them jump in the fall.... I've almost had one jump in the boat.

Zigarro likes this.