Monster and Killer Catfish shows

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Anyone get to watch the River Monsters and Killer Catfish shows on Discovery Channel last evening? If not, you sure missed some good stuff. The "Killer Catfish" is called a "Goonch", looks just like a Catfish, but has teeth almost like a shark, has grabbed natives bathing and swimming in the river and dragged them down. Biggest person lost was a teenager:crazy:
    The guy putting on the show had an underwater cam filming them, then he went down and tried to grab one, all on film, pretty interest stuff.
    Got it all on tape, if anyone wants to "BRING SOME BEER" and watch it:roll_eyes::smile2:

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i been watchin it all night tonight. ive seen em before and also online but i cant turn it, :smile2:. makes me want to travel.

3. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    yep that was some good stuff i watched part of it ...:big_smile:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Pretty wild fish....They sure dont like being trap.Never seen fish that size go airborn,

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I waded that river once, if only I had known, lol. Course up in the mountains where I was it was only about calf deep.

6. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Watched that last nite also, a neat show, I liked the one he did on wells catfish in Spain. Saw a post here on the boc where someone had e-mailed him and invited him to come to the USA to catch some of our catfish as big as volkwagens, I don't think I would have gone in the water, to get the big one he caught

7. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I love river monsters. They haven't showed new episodes in a while. I have seen every episode and still watch them when I see them on. I hope they make more.

8. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    ya thats a good one. and i like the one ween he goes fishing for gar he gets some big ones but all in all its a cool show.:big_smile:

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    that one on gar..... when Gus and I were in TX we fished the lower Trinity where they were. i was on that boat ramp where they put in. they only showed it for a sec or two but down river from that ramp under those 2 bridges there was a gravel bar down a ways cuz the water was low then. thats where Gus caught that 3 ft. +/- gator gar. i was farther down about 100 yds and kinda got spooked when i heard some hogs close by. i had my big gerber in hand ready :smile2:

10. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas
    sent jeremy wade an email last night while watching the show...told him of the rumors of divers coming out of the waters around here and refusing to go back in....also of the rumors of the guy dragging a hay hook behind a steamboat and catching a giant monster cat on it. anyways from what i think i remember seeing on his site, there is some new shows gonna be coming on in april i belive. anywho that show sure makes me wanna fish...and being off everyday due to the weather and watching the vs channel does not help any.......damn the cold ass weather

11. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I don't know witch one would be worse,..the one with great big teeth,...or the one that will swim up yur Johnson:eek:oooh::sad2::crazy: I think I'd take my chances with the teeth. :wink:

12. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I figure the wels is like a flathead on steroids and the goonch is a pretty flahead with TEETH, lets get a weird strain of the 3 and stockem, Break out the steel leaders boys,:smile2:

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    lets see who has balls and noodle em !! :smile2::eek:oooh:

14. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

You won't have any if you go pokin' your noodle around them fish.:crazy::eek:oooh::wink:

15. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    yet there would be some idiot that would want to try to noodle for them.

16. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

You hear that JJ? Greg just called you an idiot!:smile2::smile2:

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    hold my beer...... watch this !! :smile2::smile2:

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Beer or Mt. Dew?:smile2:

19. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    to do that it'll prob be jager !! :smile2::smile2:

20. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    thats cool did you catch anything there?