Monroe this weekend

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Brushy Bill Roberts, May 18, 2006.

1. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    I am going to be at the Crooked Creek ramp by 7am this saturday morning.
    Taking my little canoe and spend the weekend. I plan on going after some largemouth along the lillypads during the day and camping up in the middle fork of Salt Creek saturday night. I caught a few channels there last August.
    My dad and I used to catch alot of White bass there in the creek, hope to cook a few up saturday night. ( very tasty )
    If any of you guys are in the area fishing, give me a shout, if you see a old hippie camped on the creek, stop in and have a cold one.
    Will hopefully post some fish pics next monday.
    Everyone have a great weekend, looks like we might be getting a dry one.

2. Brushy Bill Roberts

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Had a good day on the lake. Caught several flathead bait sized crappie, ( too small to keep & eat ) and small largemouth. I had a bass minnow on my ultra light and got one heck of a hit, the drag was getting a workout. The fish just didn't want to come up. Wound up being a channel cat. That was fun.
    I didn't stay the night, I went back to the bait shop to drink a few cold ones and watch the nascar race. ( I can't believe I cut a fishing trip short to see Johnson win another one )

There were several reports at the bait shop of people catching flatheads & blues on the west fork of the white river this weekend. Anywhere from Martinsville to south of Spencer.
    Most were fishing where smaller creeks entered the river. Most were using goldfish or creek chubs.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Attached Files:

3. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Howdy brushy bill, crappie looked like it gave up a pretty good fight. lol. did you happen to see that fight between those two nascar drivers

4. Brushy Bill Roberts

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    Didnt see any fight, We closed the bait shop at midnight, I listened to the finish on the radio.

I wish I had kept some of those little crappies, There is a private lake near me that has some very large blues in it. I don't think they have ever seen a crappie, ( no one has caught any ) would have been great bait.

5. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Good luck with the smallies!!!!!!

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    nice pics Bill. glad you had a good weekend , I am going south this weekend to fish the white at least one night if i am not out of state working, good luck and i might see ya at hte bait store.
    lenny:0a23: