Monroe, NC

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by MattShannon, Feb 12, 2007.

1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Anyone know anything about this community? Is it considered a high crime area? Was thinking about staying a night there as it is a half way point to a vacation spot. What do ya think, would you get a hotel here, or go somewhere else? Thanks

2. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've never stayed the night over in Monroe, but I have been there many times and I have always found the people there to be genuine and friendly, as most North Carolinians are! I certainly wouldn't feel unsafe there. just my opinion.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yea monroe is on the outer edge of charlotte and the country. you should be fine.

4. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Monroe is what Charlotte used to be before it turned into a dump. You should stay there before you stay in Charlotte.

5. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey boilerman, where in West Virginia are you from?

6. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    northern part of the state

7. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I used to live on the Charlotte side of Monroe. Its nice and relatively safe. More country the farther you get from Charlotte. It does have a decent taste of NC culture for how close it is to the city. And Bass Pro Shops isn't too far from there!

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Where are you on the way to if you are staying in Monroe? Must be Wilmington.

Yes, you are safe in Monroe. Not a bad town...except for the traffic congestion. Dreadful. Time your arrival in anything but rush hour. It is a bedroom community to Charlotte, so people flock out, then they flock back in.

9. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Ok, thanks a lot. It's a stop on a return trip from FL. Got a buddy at Pope AFB, which should be about 2.5 hrs from Monroe. Hoping he'll swing in and won't have to go all the way to Fayetteville, which will put about 3 to 4 extra hours on the total trip.

Anyone have any hotel reccomendations in Monroe? Thanks again.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Theres a Holiday Inn Express there. They are an all around good economy motel. Decent safe area. Not a lot of high end choices in Monroe.