Monroe Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Beehunter, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Beehunter

Beehunter New Member

State:
    Goosepond Marsh, Indiana
    Thinking about fishing Lake Monroe some this year and wondered if anyone had any tips that could steer me in the right direction and are channels the primary catch ? Thanks

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, I cant help ya with the lake but im sure someone on here can, chicken livers work great for channels when ya go

3. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt, i`ve fished Monroe quite a fue time's don't know if your fishing from a boat, i do. First go to walmart and get a book from the fishing department called sportsman connection, it has a good map in it. I fish the lower end of the reservoir because its idle only. The lake has channel, Flatheads, and blues in it. Some witch go 50# and up. Find water that's deep near shallow flats. Look for structure like rocks, weed beds, boat docks, feeder creeks. Anywhere bait fish will hide you will find catfish. I use bluegills the bigger the better and live. Also look for places where the channel is close to the bank, that's deep water near shallow water.Also harden ridge is a good place to start, but in the day time there's big boats making big wakes so the water is pretty choppy, but at nite the whole lake is idle only so the water calms down. I don't know to much about bank fishing but there's some bait shops there and they can help you with some places to try. Its a good lake and fish every where so if you find a place like i mention with structure you'll have a good chance of getting some fish. Good luck and if i can answer anything else for you just PM me and i`d be glad to try to help you.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If your bank fishing.. Go south Of Paynetown to the main boatramp... there you can fish for blues and flatties and the channels come by the dozens... also if you go all the way back up in there. There ia a Marina in the back with a small park with a long floating dock.. fish off the dock and slay the channels there with shrimp

5. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anything good out there?