Monroe Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kat buster, May 31, 2007.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Ok Im going to lake Monroe during the 4th of July weekend. I need to know what is hitting on what colors or bait. I want to be ready for anything. Thanks for letting me know.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    fishing from bank or boat? The crappie have been hitting really well around the docks (so have the bluegill) use a jig or minnows.

I haven't really gotten on the catfish too well, but heard some other guys have, i've been using shad and live bluegill.

Been doing OK trolling for walleye. trolling crankbaits, also catching the occasional whiper doing this.

3. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was just at ica tourney there last weekend and it was tough fishing for cats. we only caught two in 11 hours of fishing. half of the teams didnt even get anything and only one team brought in a six fish limit. there were five or six flatheads caught though. two of them where in the lower 20lbs and one was 40.6 lbs. most of the channels were from 2-4 lbs

4. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    where were the bigger flatheads caught? I have caught several flatties up here this year 15 or so pounds, but haven't gotten on the bigger ones, thanks in advance.

5. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    we launched at cutright and just about all of the teams went west. the guy i know that him and his partner caught the two in the lower 20s where fishing right off of the channel but where at down there i dont know

6. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    How has the crappie and walleye been?