Monroe Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kat buster, Jan 1, 2007.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    OK I am going camping at Monroe Lake around the 4 of july. I was wondering how good the fishing is there. Mainly catfish and panfish.
    Also what type of catfish, and the size, and were they could be found.

thank you.

2. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Not sure which campground you are staying at, but if it is Paynetown, there is some really good catfish and panfish right off the point there at the campground. It is literally about 50 feet from the campground. You can catch flatheads, channels, and even an occasional blue cat there and there are a ton of nice crappie and bluegill.

3. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Not sure where you are camping at but the catfishing is great all over the lake around the 1st of July. The flats like bluegills for bait. Channels eat anything. I'm a new member who is from Monroe County. This is my home lake and I fish it a lot.

Good Luck!!!
    Harleycat

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the board Malcom, glad to have you aboard.

5. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    If your in panyetown try at the beach at night some big flats have been caught there. Pick you up some chubs when your there to. Most all the bait shops carry them. Maybe some gold fish to.