Monroe bite seems good..

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kyleco55, May 2, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    went out lastnight about 10:30, bite was slow untill it stopped raining, then it was pretty good..

we were bank fishing with live gills and cut shad. caught about 16 total, big ones were 17lb & 13lb... oh yeah and i caught a lil ol 27lb flattie.. rest were channels around 6lbs. my camera took a crap on me, so the pictures were taken with an iphone.. hopefully i can get a few on here in a bit

that flathead was hungry.. i missed a good hit, reeled in and rebaited (cut shad).. tossed it back out in the same spot and still had the pole in my hand, when he slammed it good..

channels seemed to favor the live gills.. some on slip floats, about 2ft deep, others on bottom.. when we ran out of gills (14), they were still hitting the shad, but slower

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good enough pics for the Frenzy?

3. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    man i dont know honestly.. cant read the scales on the phone, but hopefully when i get it on the computer, i can sharpen it.. i did take the flathead pic with my control item.. crossing my fingers.. gotta wait on chris to get up to email me the pics (on his phone)

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like you had a good night... I had to work and stare at topless women all night... LOL:wink:

5. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well @^$&!*... the pictures look worse on the computer than they did on the phone.. gotta make a trip to walmart this week for another camera.. :embarassed:

heres one of the 27lb flathead..

ben looks like your safe this weekend on the flathead frenzy

Attached Files:

6. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    where was you fishing at monroe?if you dont mind sharing:roll_eyes: your spot.

7. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    in the water... and i caught it with a hook.. lol kiddin..

i was off of moores creek rd right at that 90 turn

google maps says E Stipp Rd. heres the coordinates

39.098436,-86.463953

8. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    was you fishing by the boat ramp or down the parking lot

9. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    hey,thats not called moores creek.where you was just wanted you to know. moores creek has a boat ramp and a big parking lot.not a gravel ramp.so you know.

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Looks like a successful trip...keep em' coming!

11. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    yeah im not sure what its called where we was.. i said that because the rd we was on was called moores creek rd.. then turns into either campground rd or stipp rd right there by that bridge.. whatever its called, the bite was on.. lol.. thanks harley... whiteriverbigcats talked to you about sunday yet?

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bummer dude, maybe a good photo prog may help.... if only the camera guy would've took 3 or 4 steps closer....

13. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    yeah really.. but what can you expect with a cellphone at 4am?

ps anyone know anything about digital cameras? mine keeps saying low battery and turning off after 1 picture.. dont know if its the camera, or maybe the cheap batteries i got at walmart.. its happened twice now.. started after i took 108 pictures in 20 minutes, helping a friend get some items listed on ebay.. now i cant get it to stay on..

14. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Kyle...the problem with your camera probably is the batteries. Might want to try some duracell batteries, those are usually what I use.

15. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well i just submitted thread in reapir forum.. after some researching it seems my camera is giving ALOT of people that same problem.. someone mentioned turning off time/date stamps.. tried that, and well, itll come on for now.. also others said samsung wont acknowledge this problem because its not a safety concern..

im not gonna put the company down on one problem ive discovered, my ole ladys camera works awesome.. and its 3 years old.. but pink, so i dont wanna take it fishing with me:smile2::smile2:

i guess ill just suck it up n go buy something else..

anyone wanna buy a camera? only used a few times!!!:smile2::smile2:

16. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    by the way treddinwater.. thanks for the advise.. but.... i did try duracell, rayovac, and energizer just now to get it to come on so i could turn off date/time stamps.. rayovac won the challenge.. :smile2:

17. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Glad you're able to get it going...last thing we need around here are more fish stories with no photos to back them up. :smile2:

18. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    We got our's for Christmas one year from Walmart. It's a Kodak "easyshare CD33". It holds about 100 photos on one card. The only thing that we don't care for is keeping the batteries charged.

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    those "easyshares" are great little cameras!
    The batteries for mine arent rechargable, and they're ten bucks apeice:eek:oooh:

20. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    The rechargeables for ours don't last long.:sad2: