Monongahela River Report for July

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by FLATHEAD LBER, Jul 8, 2009.

1. FLATHEAD LBER

FLATHEAD LBER New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh PA
    well hopefully the spawn is about over and the big boys are gettin hungry!!!! if i had to pic one time to fish all year for me it would be right now threw aug. GIT R DONE BOYS!!!!

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good luck Jesse to you and the crew. i really like this time of year as well just wish i was healed up from surgery so i could get out. catch me a hog or two while your out if you would. you and Mark are due to bust a few big ones.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    This is definetly the best time of the year at least the last five years me or someone i was with has caught a flathead close to 40 pounds. Good luck to you guys tommorrow Jesse wish i could make it out with you but got to work saturday early. I am going to try get some good baits tommorow and get out on the water saturday.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good luck Mark.

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was out 2 times this week, I'm giving the Mon a new nickname (the dead sea).

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    hang in there Jay as it'll get better here soon.

7. Beltzville Lake already has that one.:eek:oooh::embarassed:

8. rijkmus

rijkmus New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Check Out my post in the PA. General discussion maybe there is something to it.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    heard that there was an ammonia spill in Donora tonight. telling people on both sides of the river to stay inside and keep their windows closed. don't know if any went in the river or not. it was a breaking news thing right at the end of 11:00 o'clock news so there weren't alot of details.

10. FLATHEAD LBER

FLATHEAD LBER New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh PA
    well july has not been as good as i had hoped so far we were out on fri night and only caught 5 flattys the biggest being only about 7 or 8 lbs:confused2: still got a few gills swimmin in the tank so i am gonna try a new spot tonight i have been scoping out since last season. hopfully it works out,not gonna make an all nghter out of it. let ya know tomorrow..

11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good luck Jesse. give it about another week or so and things are going to pick up.

12. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I hope so Brian:wink:

13. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i think the cooler weather at night we have been having and lack of rain may have slowed things up a bit in my stretch of the river. usually though for whatever the reason the flats up here tend to spawn a little later than elsewhere. so within the next 2 weeks i think they will be back to normal and putting the feedbag on.

14. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    OK, IlL go fishin! Im goin tomorrow from around 2pm untill i catch a flathead, im drunk and im mad. just bought a cast net and im not commin home till i catch one!

15. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Was out all day getting bait and fished from 7pm till 2am. We only caught one 4lb flat. It did have scars on its head.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    anyone have an idea what the water temp is on the Mon now?

17. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
  18. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV

Im gettin 78.8 to 80 here in morgantown

19. Les101

Les101 Guest

Is the Mon worth a one hour drive this weekend?

20. Les101

Les101 Guest

I got 8 trout in th freezer and I was going to use them as cut bait. Are they any good if used hole and gutted out?