Monongahela River in Pennsylvania - lock 4

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by bgjhn, Jul 1, 2006.

1. bgjhn

bgjhn New Member

State:
    pa
    hi boc can someone tell me the good spots on the mon river by lock 4 for carp and catfish thanks nice site

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    bgjhn - Welcome to the B.O.C.!:0a25: The guys who fish the Mon will help you out!

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the boc if you can get close to the lock in charelori there is real good fishing there.

4. jobiechillin

jobiechillin New Member

State:
    Pennsylvainia
    Jay ,
    To get to the locks park at the ballfield and walk to the left , follow the fence to the river shore, make another left . follow the trail along the fence . It will take you to the locks . The locks are great for just about anything . Note if you are fishing the bottom bring plenty of bait and rigs . snags are plentiful. Good Luck.

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I fished above lock 4 last night on the monnessen side.Had a decent night with 6 flatheads with the largest being 6 pounds. I lost a decent fish on my small rod was fishing a stepped on bluegill on a medium power St Croix with a Diawa SS tourtament reel. Set the hook on the fish and it had my rod bent in half after about a ten minute battle I started gaining ground on the fish then all of sudden the hook was out of his mouth.Was trying to catch a nice flathead on a little rod it was alot of fun till I lost the fish. All of the flatheads had battle scars on them from the spawn. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mark - Congrats on the Flatties! Looks like you had a good night! Thanks for posting some photos!:0a31:

7. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Mark its good to see that someone is catching something. My last three trips out, two to the kittanning area and one at Wilmore Dam has been a bust.