Monongahela River carp and buff

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by pylodictis, Dec 31, 2006.

1. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    i caught these 2 carp and one smallmouth buff on the mon in downtown pittsburgh using bread dough. i found the dough on the lawn in the park above the dock. folks bring bread to feed the ducks and geese and someone aparantly tried feeding them with a whole loaf of uncooked bread dough. the ducks and geese passed on it, but the carp and buff couldn't.

i never tried fishing in december, but it seems all you need is a little extra patience this time of year... and maybe finding some fermented bread dough.

good luck to all.

Attached Files:

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    great lookin fish there, keep fishin

3. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    here's a nice fat 25 incher. slow action in winter, but it's worth the wait.

Attached Files:

4. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice fish Brian, do you eat them? I DEFINITELY would eat the buffs.

5. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    i haven't tried buffalo. but, before eating them i'd have to check the recomendations on the contaminants in the monongahela river. i don't think the water's particularly good. by the way, i caught this carp, another, and a little channel on mcdonald's french fries last night.

6. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    low quantity, high quality. hope to catch her again next fall.

Attached Files:

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    nice catches brother! so you just fish in downtown pittsburgh? i live about 40 minutes north of there. That'd be fun to do! Ive wanted to fish down there for awhile.

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Brian, mcdonald's french fries and the chicken mcnuggets have made great channel catfish bait for me before. A few years back up on the Fox River in Illinios, we weren't catching squat and we had some left over fries and nuggest from mcdonald's and my dad said we should try them out, low and behold, the rest of the day was nonstop action with 2-4lb channels and 1 7lb carp. I've tried other fast food resteraunt's items before but only mcdonald's has produced, must be all that grease.