monday night storms?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by flathead_hunter, Mar 28, 2009.

1. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    how many got hit monday?? i know skawez lives over by hickman.. and thats one of the areas that got hit hard

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    hit hard yea coulda been worse missed the funnel by 3 miles ! lets hope thats as close as they come this year .. the last big one that took out the schools and hallam stopped a mile from house.. that one was WAY WAY TOO CLOSE.. but we need the rain NOT the twisters..

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Yeah the hallam tornado was a big un... Did you see it? I remember it well wasn't it an f5?

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    see it? it was like a mile and a half wide it turned the sky black you couldnt not see it though was so big it didnt seem as though it was what it was.. and then came the after math cuz even though we didnt get the funnel we got the wind ... lets just keep those twisters away from us k.

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
  6. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    we were at wagon train when that hit talk about scared

7. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    thats nuts keep an eye on the weather when you go out man, you dont want to be caught in a place like that with nebraska weather.

8. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Yeah I was fishing on Oak Creek by the state park. It was raining to beat the band and then when we got back to the house we found out about hallam. I've been on B O when a t-storm came right over the top of us. We couldn't get off the water because my best friend was hooked up with a BIG tree branch. LOL We all need to be careful with that kind of weather popping up every 36 hours for the next 3 months.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That reminds me of a couple years back. A friend and myself were fishing Elwood Res. This fast moving thunderstorm was rolling in. My wife calls me on the cell phone and said we better get the heck out of there. By the time I got back to the cabin, the Tornado sirens were blaring!! I managed to get the boat backed into the garage when the wind hit. The trees were swaying like crazy. I was freaked out. Luckily it was just high wind, but there was a Tornado sighted at the Cozad, Ne. area and heading for Johnson Lake, but it stayed just north of us. Minor damage was done to some farms, no injuries.

Yes, always make sure of the weather before heading out!! Take a cell phone and possibly a weather scanner with you. It's a sense of security to have this when on the water. We don't need any of us getting caught with our pants down when bad weather hits!! Been there, done that!! It's scary!!

Be smart and keep an eye on the sky!!:eek:oooh: