Monday Night Catch

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Scud, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Scud

Scud New Member

State:
    tn
    [​IMG]

The one we put back 26 pounds

[​IMG]

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When?Where?How??

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    yeah!!! me too!! LOL !

4. cassbongard

cassbongard New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    YES please tell and I WANNA COME NEXT TIME

5. Scud

Scud New Member

State:
    tn
    Monday night, Tuesday morning July13 & 14. Center Hill. Noodles baited with live bream.

6. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    hurry up and get 10 posts so you can pm!! LOL nice to have you here gary and nice flats there!!

7. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
  8. Scud

Scud New Member

State:
    tn
    Titan, I'll answer here.

We bass and crappie fish in the spring and fall on Center Hill. Just started noodling last year. We use only live bream and all we have ever caught is flatheads. One channel in 2 years. We usually put out 50 to 110 noodles, depending on how many bream we can catch and how much time we have to pick them up. We have had two over 25 pounds this year. We lost one three weeks ago that held the noodle under for over 2 minutes. We guess he probably was 70 to 80 pounds. THe one in the photo above could only take the noodle under for a couple of seconds. The big one took it straight down until it went out of sight. It got under a rock and we broke it off trying to get it out. Out of our group of eight guys we have caught 91 so far this summer. We usually catch 10 to 20 per night. Oh yeah. I live in Cookeville.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  9. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    hey thanks gary!! we been wanting to do it on rod /reel!! any tips on depth/ or maybe what kinda shoreline you had luck on? we mostly fish down the lake from about thebend at A jacksons house toward the dam?? thanks for the pics !! they are good and gives me a lil hope to get on a nice flat!! I know my dads cousins are strictly bass guys but they do the jugging thing in the summer to stock up for fish fries! dont know if they would let me in on any honey holes!!

10. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Nice catch Gary and thanks for the report! Welcome to the BOC!

11. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Gary for sharing the pics with us..Thats a nice mess of fish right there..Welcome to the BOC and look forward to hearing some more reports..

12. Scud

Scud New Member

State:
    tn
    Titan

We have caught fish straight across from Jacksons house in Little Hurricane Creek. We fish on big chunk rock banks that has deep water near by. We set our noodles in 5 to 12 feet of water and only use live bream. Lately we have had better luck near the backs of the pockets.

13. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    thanks gary! a buddy of mine been wanting to go especially after i showed him your pics!! LOL- he went week of the fourth and caught three lil ones and really liked those pics!!

14. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    New to this NOODLE?:embarassed:

15. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Basically its just a jug made out of one of those styrofoam swimming noodles..Check out this link to one of our sponsors here that makes them..
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/

16. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    im in the process of making my own right now!!:big_smile: ive got blisters on my hands rom ting 50 lb leaders and swivels!!if your curious pm me and i will send you exact details on what i used!! there are many ways!!:big_smile:

17. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Very nice flats and thanks for sharing the pics and the details. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.

18. Scud

Scud New Member

State:
    tn
    Last Monday night
    Had 16 Kept 11

[​IMG]

19. Scud

Scud New Member

State:
    tn
    Do I have to have a certain amount of posts before the pics will show up instead of the link?

20. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    hey gary with photobucket you have three or four different "links" the one you are posting just takes you to the pic!! try one of the others and it should post the pic directly in your post! i cant remember which one it is - sorry!! another nice catch!!:big_smile: