Monday heatwave fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CincyCat, Jan 7, 2008.

1. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I couldn't take it and had to hit the river tonight from 6 until 10 (1-7-08). I was just going to go clean up my mess from the weekend, but with 65+ degrees and a soso fishing day yesterday I had to find out what was out there.

End result was 8 cats.....3 channels around 4-5 lbs (one snagged in the side), and 5 blues at 10-12-13-16-23. I was in a spot on the main river east of cincy that was dead yesterday, so I was a little surprised to find that many fish there today. I would have stayed longer but I ran out of shad.

I had a big one break my line during the hardest pull I've ever felt and at that moment I thought about tbull telling me my 17lb line was too light......damn was he right!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Nice days fishing, congrats.

3. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    glad you got the chance to run out of shad lol.me-well i got skunked.oh well,it was good to be on the water.nice fish cincy!!!!

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for waiting till the next day to catch fish I didnt want to catch any anyway!LOL:wink:...Yeah all it usually takes is one snapped line to convert someone to some thicker hardware...You never know though he may have just wrapped you around something and broke you off, I just like the higher lb test line to give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. Congrats on the fish CincyCat your a great guy and you deserve it!:big_smile:

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya thanks fo the pics, looks like a good time :big_smile: :cool2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man, nice fish... i can't wait till i start catching numbers of flats...im getting tired of looking at them blues!! lol...rollo

7. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice fish brother blues are biting good on the ohio right now.:cool2: