Monday, bloody Monday

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Oct 28, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I started a thread titled "Hairs on your chest" and I am choosing to let you know with this thread that I have been more than impressed by your reactions, some unexpected others expected, and as is the nature of this forum and the people that inhabit it the diversity of reactions private and public. You folks don't really know how good you have it here, or perhaps you do. Nothing to do with the mechanics of this site, catfishing or cooking or hunting, or jokes or prayers. Without you folks this site is just another place in the ether. You make it, the people who control it are good people but you are who it has become. Without you, they, as good as they are, might as well stay in bed. I will explain that thread I posted when Monday comes and I can have a question answered by an individual who won't be here till then. John.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Oh great. Now I gotta try and sleep tonite with this burnin anticipation eatin at my mind. LOL!

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Take a pill,you dont want to sleep thru Bloody Monday do you? smokey

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    O.K.,its monday!?

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    What we anticipate seldom occurs, what we least expected generally happens.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    JOHN IT IS MONDAY WE ARE WAITING........GET UP TAKE YER MEDS AND ENLIGHTEN US OH GREAT ONE:hell_boy:

7. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    See what you did to poor BG, his mind has been eaten with anticipation.:tounge_out:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I couldn't agree more John. It's the people and the post participation that makes this site the best site on the net. I've posted this before but a lot of people take this site for granted. There is a lot of other sites on the web but without the people participating then it's just another site. I visit other sites and a lot of people on those sites ( and some of those people are really good people) used to be here and most of them would love to come back if given a chance, just didn't realize how good of a site this was until they were gone.

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have to agree with jackpot (777). the ppl here are what makes it as kool as it is.

that hairy legs post youve got is motivating me to write a story about my uncle mike. if i have time ill try to post it on my lunch break. we will see.

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok its monday. whoever is supposed to answer John question please feel free to do so. i am sitting on the edge of my seat here and my feet are starting to fall asleep. :embarassed:

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Remember when you used to put cherry bombs under tin cans, light the fuse and run like He$$. I think Sgt SomethingsDraggin' still does that for a living. Imagine me the cherry bomb, only I have a short fuse. You won't get far before I pop. At the end of the week I entered another site started by a member no longer here. Some of you probably got that invitation. I went in, was welcomed, and participated as is my nature. During the course of a couple of visits I was informed privately by the owner of the site that two of our current members had been banned by Catfish1 for participating. I know these two individuals, one although never having met I would consider blood, although his is thinner than mine because he's from the South.

I don't know if you have ever been in a bar fight, hopefully you never have. I have, ashamedly, and they always hurt. Those that I have been associated with have involved other people who I consider friends. When you are involved in those kinds of things they are the ones who silently stand up and place themselves behind your back just out of your sight. You know they are there, you can't take your focus off what is in front of you, but mentally you "feel" good knowing you are not alone. I placed myself just a little ahead of my friend on here and I got the acid tongue out of it's sheath, and when that baby gets free it can do some damage. Probably why I was in some bar fights. I shot my mouth off and some consequences, astonishing to me, resulted. Ol' Splitshot had an excellent quote this morning.

"What we anticipate seldom occurs, what we least expect generally happens."

Reactions were swift, from members and staff. All, for the most part positive. I realize it was confusing and nonsensical to some and I apologize. I think I mixed up my Anti-idiocy pills with one of my dogs epilepsy pills. The dog now is less of an idiot and I am pretty quiet from the dogs phenobarbital. I have solved that, I put my Anti-idiocy pills on top of the cases of beer I have in the fridge, and put the dogs epilepsy pills on my wifes nightstand.

All in all I have learned a lot. Even an old dog like me can see things differently. I won't not ever stick up for someone I consider a friend and I did. I wasn't wrong in doing what I did, I just didn't have all the "facts Ma'am". Snookered, laid away, hosed, blind sided, sucker punched, carnivaled, bent over, fibbed to, aced, led down the wrong path, bent over again (and I don't wear pink, I don't even own a pink tractor)

I frankly don't consider you folks brothers. I don't mean that in any negative way. I have two brothers, one no longer speaking to me since my Mother's death (a story for you sometime), so I only got "one" left. You folks who interact with me I consider friends, if that is possible, over a computer.

As I said earlier on this thread. You folks, those of you who interact in your own groups and ways make this site. It was started and is maintained by individuals we rarely see, unless they are asking for money, LOL, and They do a good job. You folks do the Great Job just being who you are and being as honest as you are.

John.

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    john i wish i could rep ya but i have to spread the butter first.

id crack a green label jack daniels bottle over someones nogen for ya in a yankee minute.

hopefully, all is well that ends well. misunderstandings happen.

its funny how even when you are old enough to know better, you dont quite fully grasp your own appreciation for something untill it is put into perspective.

i cant say that i have ever seen you topless (thank goodness), but im pretty sure youve got some brass in your system somewhere.

13. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well now John, Cherry Bombs arent really my thing. i like thigns that make a really BIG BOOM. 500 and 1000 lbs High Explosive laser guided bombs that can be dropped from 36000 ft and 6 miles away and will land within 10 ft of where we want them. Makes the little terrorist wannabe's really go out with a bang. and if anybody is going to kick you around for visiting another website on your personal computer, well then thats just wrong. i for one really like this site, there are good people on here that are very knowledgeable, but with the good comes the bad. some peoples views arent necessarily the same as the rest. thats what makes everyone unique. when someone tries to smack you around for stickin up for your friends, that not unique, that ludicris. you dont have to worry about people having your back, there are alot of people that have your back. i, on the other hand am not one of those people. i would rather stand in front of you and dare anyone that wants to try to get to you to try and get by me first. thats just the way i do things. has gotten me into a lot of fights and caused me a few busted noses and black eyes, but nobody ever got passed me. just remember, no matter what happens, we are here for you.

14. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    John you have opened a few eyes. Its hard to believe that as long as some of us have been online on boards similar to this that its so easy to get snookered by someone else. If we listen to our common sense, we might act differently. Instead, you open your heart, and want to believe people regardless of how ludicrous the topic may be.

I have been online in forums and boards of various kinds for about 10 years now, yet you drop all that knowledge gained because you want to believe in the goodness of someone you want to call a friend. Even if that sullies what you feel towards a community. I fell victim as well, guess I musta took some dog medicine too. lol

I, like JD, would rep ya if I could. Guess I better spread more butter too.

Makes ya realize where the honest is at.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Your Post certainly sheds a new light on things,But I'm still watchin ,there may be aftershocks ,like them dang earthquakes that go on ,an on ,an on.

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John....ya can learn alot from a dummy (no offence cause your not dumb ).If the medication is good enjoy it but watch mixing it with the many cases of brew in thy fridge cause anyone of sound mind knows alchol and pills are a mixture asking fer trouble and me frankly have not been around here long but I want to stay and it does mean the world if you hang out with me....By the way I AINT FROM THE SOUTH EITHER BUT WHAT DOES THAT REALY HAVE TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF TEA IN CHINA...????.......THIS IS A BROTHERHOOD OF ALL REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE FROM ......AND THAT MY FRIEND IS WHAT TIS ALL ABOUT............:wink:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    HEY WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PASS ME THE BUTTER?

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    holy moley i'm no more enlightened than a popcorn fart now:crazy:.
    i'll continue bein an indian and you chiefs lead on.:wink:

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm lost AGAIN Darryl. I get the part about the Indian chief, I mean Indians and chiefs; but what exactly is a popcorn fart? :eek:oooh:

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    John, i enjoy your posts, tho sometimes i don't understand what you are trying to say :)

i will tho, agree with you (if i understand this part right) about the BOC membership...i have never seen a better bunch of folks in one place in my life. lots of times i rep someone with no explanation. maybe i should say something, but for me a rep means an agreement...a kind of momentary kindship...and several or many reps from/to the same member represents a brotherhood of thought...an agreement in our future, my daughters future, my grand-daughters future...and YOURS also...i am glad to be associated with a great bunch of americans, and also with our BOC brothers overseas..