Monday afternoon report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went to downtown Richmond and launched at the Anncarrow boat ramp at 2:30 PM. Saw a guy I recognize from many years shad fishing as he was leaving. He told me he had caught a few shad but nothing to write home about. I launched and went down to the first wing dam and started tossing the shad dart. Pretty quick, I caught 4 hickory shad and a 3 pound Large Mouth Bass. I threw the Basshole back and the Hickory shad went in the bait cooler. I went downstream a few 100 yards and caught a 22 pounder and a 5 pounder. Went a little further and caught another 20 something and a 44 pounder. I went to the third spot and the tide went flat,,,,,no bites. At 5:30 I left as it started raining pretty good. I am going to try the stripers Today at dusk. With a little luck, I will be on the river by 4:00

Attached Files:

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Thanks for the report. I thougt it was a little early for the shad but saw loads of fish on the electronics. I also managed two Stripers, small males, that looked fresh so I guess the spawn is starting. Congrats on the cats.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Those are some great shots, Kenneth. That second picture (the 22-lb'er) shows a good keeper, if you ask me!

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's good to see the shad are showing up.
    good luck fising on Tuesday.

5. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good job on the nice day