Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got back from fishing with Jesse flatheadlber. I dont even know where to begin so many fish caught. Till my phone died I was keeping good score I think Jesse has the rest of the fish numbers. What we had when i lost track was Jesse with flatheads of 22,18,15,12,12,11,8,5 pound flatheads and a 38inch pike:baffled: and my numbers were 28,15,14,13,12,12,11,4 pound flatheads and a 10 pound channel. I know we ended up with over 300 pounds worth of flatheads. I couldnt keep track we ended up with 7 or 8 doubles.:biggrin:. It was so hard to keep baits in the water. Best fishing i have ever had. Will try and post as many pics as i can before i crash.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fish that got us over the 300 pound mark alot of fish this size caught. I was beat what a night of fishing. Everytime i fish with Jesse something crazier happens a 38 inch pike thats crazy. Jesse ill let you tell them what you caught it on.:Money:

Attachments

·
Banned
718 Posts
congrats guys on a crazy hell of a night, thats alot of fish. CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sinister: and ya what pool where you in lol, i'm heading down that way next sat night with a buddy from work going out on his boat somewhere, think he fishes e-town dam area . after reading this can't wait to hit the mon for the first time LOL!!!!!. tight lines justin

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think that night is going to be hard to top. We probally could of caught more. I was whipped by 1 am. Doing 12 pound curls all night long. All i can say about the spot is that it is a flathead nursery:Happy:Still in shock about how many fish were caught in the bad conditions.

·
Registered
157 Posts
well mark pretty much covered everything,oh ya a 38" pike on the mon how sick is that!!!! just so everyone knows were we fish its somewhere near.....you know what i cant remember....lol anyway i caught that pike on a big old rainbow trout. not sure how many i caught personally but my 3 best of the night were 22,22,18,and did i mention a 38" pike!!! and after lookin at our totals for the night our offical total was 305 lbs of flattys and the 38" icing on the cake.as far as wieght and numbers it was by far the best night of flathead fishing i ever had,not a bad night for my first offical flathead trip of the year,hope it gets even better if thats even possible. i would give up all those fish and excitment for the ONE, that fish that breaks the state record,oh ya its coming outta the mon.good luck guys represent the west side!!!!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot the funniest part of the whole trip. Me and Jesse were trying to get his and my boat out together. We had people lined up to fish but everyone backed out so we decide to just go on his boat.More fish for us:tongue:. I was texting my buddy that was suppose to go with updated and he thinks im telling fish storys. Hey Jesse ask Jim how fun was his sleepover:excruciating:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We didnt weigh the pike wanted to get it back in the water kind of quick. I have never seen a pike pulled from the mon. Another interesting thing one flathead a 12 pounder had a hook in its mouth that looked like a tubebait hook. The fish also had a hole in its lip you could stick your finger through.:doctor: Good thing we got that hook out cause his mouth looked pretty sore all red looked like the hook was in there for a while. I would of loved to see the look on the bassfishermans face when the flathead broke him off.:skeleton:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.