Mom's in the hospital

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boswifedeb, Sep 23, 2008.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Hey Brothers and Sisters, I may not be on much this week because my mom is in the hospital. She has an infection in her foot that is messing with the tendons. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Any prayers would be appreciated. She is not in good shape to begin with and this is not helping matters any. Thanks.

2. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    I'll put her on my prayer lists... My mom's been laid up off her feet with a severly broken ankle for over 5 months...Three operations, I think it's finally getting better... Tell her to I said "Hang in There ! " You Too !!!

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Deb, you and your mom will be in my prayers. I hope they get her fixed up quick and snappy like.:wink:

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    DEBBIE prayers from me to you and MOM take care sisster

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada Sister.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Prayers from Mo

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    our prayers go out to your mother and the entire family, God Bless

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prayers sent from So. Illinois for your mother.

9. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Thanks y'all. Yesterday and last night were ROUGH. They opened up her ankle and cleaned out the infection in her joint. She has RA real bad and now the infection is messing with her tendons. She'll need a brace to be able to get up and move at all. If I misspell anything, please forgive me. I've been up since 5am Tues. and got about 30 minutes sleep last night. My sister is with her tonight, so after I get my laundry done and get a shower I'm going to bed. We'll know more tomorrow and I'll let y'all know as soon as I can get to a computer. It'll probably be Saturday, because tomorrow night I'm taking the shift. Thanks for the prayers and words of encouragement. I was thinking about y'all last night and itching for a computer. This place is ADDICTIVE!:crazy::smile2:

10. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Prayers coming to you from Texas. God Bless.

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Debbie, I am very sorry to hear about your mom. I wish her all the luck in the world.
    Hi Ed, glad to hear your mom is getting better!

Jaime

12. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Well, my mom is doing a little better. The wound is looking better and she feels a little better. We've been dealing with her blood sugar levels being out of whack, but that seems to be straightening out too. We will be trying to get her into a skilled nursing facility, just long enough for her foot to heal. She has to have IV antibiotics and they put a VAC machine on her foot to speed up the healing. It will be much easier to handle in rehab, and then hopefully we can get her back home. It may be 6 weeks or more. One of the rehabs in town here has an opening and we will be checking it out Monday. It's only a couple of miles away from the house, so it would be very convenient.
    Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers!

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I somehow managed to miss this post until now :/

Deb you know I will be thinking of ya'll.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Debbie, here's to a speedy recovery for your mom.

15. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    thoughts and prayers from pennsylvania i too somehow missed this post till now

16. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Y'all don't know how much it means. Mama is still in the hospital. They won't release her until her white cell count comes down some more. But we do have the rehab set up now, so as soon as we get the release we can move her in there.

We found out 2 days ago that it is MRSA. They say that you carry it on your skin all the time, and if you happen to get a cut or something it can just move right on in. Kinda spooky. I've been having problems with splits on my thumb and first 2 fingers on my left hand and have been wearing gloves when working on taking care of my mom. Last night was a major victory for me, I got about 2 hours of sleep. My sister and I have been alternating nights, so tonight I'm home with my family and got a chance to update y'all.

Thanks again. Y'all truly are my brothers and sisters!:roll_eyes:

17. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    God bless ya'll Deb, I know it's hard to take care of family and YOUR family too, but I know how much you wanna do that! Hang in there girl!

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Debbie, your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the therapy goes well and she can come home soon.

19. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    My thoughts are with your family Deb....

20. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    ummm and while you are so busy taking care of everyone else--- take care of YOU for us would ya???

I am NOT liking you not getting to sleep much I want you to try to work that in!! If you let yourself get down, you won't be any good to anyone---you know that. don't wear yourself too thin if you can help it.