Momoi Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by WylieCat, Apr 7, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I got in a 1000 yard spool of Momoi line to try out. It is the 20# test in the high viz yellow. I did some breakage testing on the 20 pound line and it was letting go around 30-32 pounds with minimal stretch for a monofilament. My reason for switching is because Ande stopped distributing their high viz yellow line in 1# + spools.

Test one passed.

I spooled up a couple of Abu Gracia 5000's to try out drifting, but before I did any drifting Mudkip took me to a nice spot to anchor for some monster cats. By the end of the day I had landed a 44, 34, and 29 pound blues with the line.

Test two passed.

I did some drifting with it this week and laned 24 fish up to nine pounds. I only had to break it off once, and the stretch was minimal.

Test three passed.

I will now be ordering a bulk spool of the line and making it my "go-to-line" for 2007! I will now be piloting the Wal-Mart / Abu Garcia / Momoi Line / Mckee Craft!!! :big_smile:

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I'm not familiar with this brand, do you have to order it or do any of the big stores sell it, or maybe local tackle shop? After the results you had I would be interested in trying it.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Gander Mtn sells the line. Its priced like a premium mono...Gamma or P-line type prices.

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I heard about it from tuna fishermen in the northeast. I have never seen it in stores around me in the southeast. The place I bought it from is www.tackledirect.com The price was comparable to Ande line. 1000 yards of 20# is around $28.00, and you can get 3000 yards for $65.00

I fish a lot, and I have a lot of rods. The thing I wanted was a premium line that could be purchased in the color I wanted and in a large enough spool to make it worth buying in bulk. There are several line manufacturers that make the high viz yellow line I like for drifting, but few sell it in large spools.

5. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    do you know if this is flouracarbon or not i use yozura for this reson only the sun dose not rot it lasts long time however it has come hard to find

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dieter, Have you ever tried the Ande envy green? I can sit in the back of the boat and see my partners line in the front of the boat. Bass pro sells it in the bigger spools but don't carry the yellow. I've been using it for a while now and I really like it. If you try it make sure it's the envy green they sell another shade of green that is not very visable.

7. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I get my Yo Zuri from ebay.

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Triple 7 I have some of the Ande "Envy Green" on some lighter weight spinning rods, and it shows up good. I am partial to the yellow, so that is why I went with that. Nothing wrong with Ande line, and I would gladly use it again if they made it in large spools. As a matter of fact, I sent them an e-mail saying that.

Roundhill the line I have is a monofilament, not flurocarbon.