mohican/kokosing?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by buckskinhunter, Jun 3, 2008.

1. buckskinhunter

buckskinhunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey there, Im new here, and I have property down near the Walhonding area. Im wondering if any of you guys have had any luck above the Mohawk Dam. Ive only fished the dam a few times with out much success. Thanks for any info.

2. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    buckskinhunter welcome to the site. I personally have never fished the Walhonding but have heard of some nice cats pulled out of there. I have fished the Mohican river (not firmiliar with the Mohawk Dam tho), Ive only ever caught small channel and bullheads for catfish, and a lot of carp and suckers.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i think you need netmanjack to chime in on this one. he knows that are pretty darn well and im sure, he can help you in some way. goodluck to you...rollo

4. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Buckskinner,
    I have a camper not to far form there and am also looking for some catfishing spots. I heard Knox lake was pretty good but also heard of another place that I am still trying to find below Fredrick Town lake. A couple of guys at the campground was telling me about it, but I don't know if they were on the level.

Catfish Huntr

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people

6. buckskinhunter

buckskinhunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the reply, finally got back on. I dunno about the Ftown lake. Theres Sockman lake out by the ball fields. Never fished it. As Knox goes, i have really only bass fished it. Nice bass in it but ya gotta hit it during the week or early mornins. It fill up quick. Thanks for the replys, I will try and post more often. This site is awesome, I read it every day. Good luck to ya all, takin my lil ones out today for some dad's day enjoyment.

7. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    Kokosing Lake I believe is what your looking for, Waterford Rd I believe.