Modified Bank Rod Holder

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    This past week-end I put together a couple of rod holders. Some of you who have fished with me, have seen the ones I made out of 1 1/2" PVC, and a piece of rerod, to stick in the ground. These work great for spinning reels, but aren't worth a hoot for a bait caster, cause the reel just spins around on you. So, I went to the catfish library, and looked at the PVC rod holder by Drifter. I think Whistler revised it a bit. Well I've revised it a bit more. I used the same PVC configuration, except I cut a groove about 1/2" long where you would screw it to the wooden board. I put a flat washer and Wing nut on it for easy adjustment.
    I took a piece of 1" angle iron, (30" Long) and welded it to a piece of 1/4" plate steel about 4" X 5". ( On the other end of the angle iron, I cut it at a 45 degrees, that will make for pushing into the ground much easier. ) Than I mounted a piece of 3/4" X5" X 8" treated wood to the 1/4" plate steel. It looks like a pretty good rod holder for the bank, I tried it out in my yard just before we got all this snow. It looks like it's going to work real good for both spinning & bait casting reels.
    Sparky

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    I see that im not the only one with catfish fever!!!:eek:

3. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Sparky,
    How about a picture?
    Ernie

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Ernie,
    I'd love to put a picture up here, But I don't know how. As you can see, I don't even have a picture on my profile. And it's a damn shame cause I'm such a good looking young fellow.
    I'll try to work something out, so you can see it.
    Sparky