Modified 20 gal Bait Tank

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by tbull, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I got this tank from a buddy and modified it, it originally had one of those agitator's, which I think don't work very well. I basically added a 750gph Tsunami Bilge pump, and a Flowrite Pump in and Pump out aerator. Basically the aerator head has an air intake. These type of designs push much more oxygen into the water. Also added weather stripping to the lid to prevent leaks. Originally came with a velcro strap to keep the lid down, I added a bungee cord instead, more dependable and keeps the lid closed tight. Around 10ft of cable on the pump with aligator clips, this tank is very mobile and easy to move around. Also comes with a rubber plug to assist in draining. The dual pump in and out aerator head basically allows you to pull it away from the housing and re-directs the flow of water out of the tank. I was told this tank is 20 gal, I am not very good at looking at something to tell how many gallons it holds, so I would say between 15 and 20 gallons to be safe. Tank is insulated as well. If you are looking for a good bait tank, that doesn't take up a ton of space this one is for you, over 50$ in modifications alone, I think these tanks sold for over 200$ brand new. Believe this was a Weston Tank.

Asking 100$, prefer local pickup, might get pricey to ship.

Attached Files:

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are close to $300 new Travis. I have one and can keep 100 gills alive for weeks.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Nice tank... I agree on the shipping.. Im looking into a tank like that as well... If I was closer I'd get it asap good luck on the sell

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Its a Cabelas tank Travis.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thank you sir, I couldn't remember..

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah and this one will give you alot more O2, I am just hurting for cash need to get my boat mods complete..:sad2:

7. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    if i were to pay for shipping would u be willing to ship it to me?

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yes, PM me if you want to go that route. I will ship anywhere just cant pay for it, if its shipped buyer will have to pay for it unfortunatley..

9. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    before you get rid of it, do you have nay pics of the inside? I have the same flowrite valve and I dont like the way it spurts water...what did you buy to fit the red discharge valve? (couldnt find anything around here that would fit)

thanks
    Bill

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Bascially the way I have it rigged up is pretty much a straight piece of PVC pipe. The water hits off the bottom of the tank and the O2 boils around the pvc pipe, rather than slammingwater into the side of the baits. Everyone has there own taste I guess, but it's hard for me to believe that somebody wouldn't like the amount of oxygen these things put out. I have kept 50 or more shad alive for 12 hours before I threw them back and this is only 15-20 gallon tank. The way the PVC pipe is it can still be modified to someones liking. I run the same airhead on my livewell and have to fight the fish out of it at the end of the night.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I tried to load a pic of the inside, for some reason it will not load. Basically has an intake filter over the bilge, and the pvc pipe towards the back, pretty simple.

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

I had to modify something for every flowrite valve I have ever had, it takes time but its easy to figure something out usually. I love building tanks..

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Bump....Guys you will not find a tank this nice for the price...$100

14. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Trav you know I'd be all over this bro, but finding bait on the GMR is like throwing in a big empty puddle. :smile2::smile2:

Someone better scoop this up while they can!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  15. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wish you weren't so far away, I'd take it off of your hands. Sounds like a good deal.

16. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    id love to buy it but money a little tight this week, maybe if i win the tourny sat:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Fishmonster, are you coming to CJ Brown tomorrow?? Cool!!
    Salmonid

18. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    nope im heading to the rising sun tourny, cj is a little far for me and no flatheads or blues. i will be at the last one at the public landing, though, to kick your tail again:smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Any idea what the shipping would cost to Tulsa, Ok?

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sir I have no idea, havent had any offers so never looked into it, will be Monday before I am able to do so because I will most likely have to take box to the post office to figure out price..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.