Mobile Tacklebox

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mrmarkedwards, Jun 16, 2008.

1. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    this is my cat/surf fishing setup this is a 60X30in bumper mounted rack mine has 6 tubes ( in this picture i have 4 rods) but they can have as many as 10. since mine is 30X60 i have a few options on mine for buckets it has 2 steel cables the size of a 5 gallon bucket on each side in them(the buckets) i can keep trash or water to wash my hands. for coolers for this trip i choose my 48qt and my 54qt the 48qt is for food i have a third cooler that is a 100qt and if i were spending the weekend on the beach it may have 50-100lbs of ice for the weekend but for catfishing it'll have 20lbs the 54 is my bait cooler and it'll have 16lbs of ice and any bait i'm using. the 48 is a wildcard it can be for food/drinks or fish since i have a fourth cooler that is and electric one that i keep in the back since it can heat or cool thats where the food usually ends up. also in the back are my tackleboxes, sandspikes, buckets, folding chairs and anything else we might need for the day. i got luck last year and picked up one of those cheap propane grills for tailgating and when we get hungry we can do burgers and dogs when its warm or soup and chili when its cold. and during football season i run a 13in color tv and antenna off a 750 watt inverter to catch a game or 2. i know this isn't for everyone but i thought i'd share it in case someone was looking for ideas.

Attached Files:

Mudcatboy likes this.
  2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Now that is the way to bank fish, RAIN OR SHINE I'M FISHING...I like it Bro.Way to go man..reps to ya

3. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    That is a really awesome set up. You are ready to roll.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Mark, may I say thats just awesome. Great job.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You have it gion on that is the bomb-hook the boat up and you got the complete fishing buggy(LOL) thankx fer sharin you give me some ideas fer mine!

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    You'd fit right in with the surf guys down on the Texas coast. If I could get to the ocean more than once a year, I would have to seriously consider a rig like that.... Outstanding.

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's is very neat, now all you need is a little Bar-B-Q pit and then you could make the coffee and and do some good cooking:big_smile:

8. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That just screams "Hardcore." Awesome. Simply awesome. Now... get that all hooked up to a Winnebago, and you'll never have to leave.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that is a nice rig! i bet you could troll the surf with a couple of side planners. lol

10. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Mark, That is a FANTASTIC setup! Way to Go Dawg!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

11. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    i had pictures with the buckets out front and a picture of the 2 rigging tubes on the front that double as 45 degree rodholders but the pictures were too big to post here so next chance i get i'll retake them and post them if you guys want to see them.

12. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    here are some more pics of my truck and rack. notice the buckets are out front on these pics.

Attached Files:

13. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    here's a few more from different days

Attached Files:

14. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    one more i forgot

Attached Files:

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice set up, I love your mobile tacklebox.

16. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Wow, that is awesome man. Great fishin machine. Way to go.

:cool2:

17. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    great fishing rig, did you do the welding are have it done

18. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    .the welding was done by a guy in MD. the rack was installed on this truck (second one) by a friend of mine. it was orginally built for a suburban and the guy sold it to me its 30X60 and can carry up to 450lbs even though thats way too much wieght on the front of my truck.

19. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    very cool idea, that would also come in handy for long trips with the mother-in-law :big_smile:

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That is an awesome rig brother. Gave me some idas:big_smile: