Mobile Delta

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by MSgtCatfish, Jun 11, 2008.

1. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anyone here fish the Mobile Delta rivers on a regular basis? If so, I'd like to meet up some day and take a cat trip with you. Let me know.

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes i fish it 4 to 5 days a week come on and well hook up big blues

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i try to fish the delta at least once-twice a week also. just yesterday i got into a pretty good mess of 2-5 lb. blues. course, i was trying to catch redfish. lol.

from what i have heard harold say, he gets out on the water a lot more than me. he also catches bigger fish than me... for now. but my day is coming.

best of luck to yall.

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    What town do you all normally launch from? We should get up and head out together. Been itching to do some fishing over that way.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i think harold lives and launches from somewhere around macintosh or mt. vernon, he usually fishes over on that side. i live in spanish fort and mostly fish on my side. when i am fishing cats i like to launch from lower bryants (stockton) or boatyard lake (ft. mimms) or dixie landing (lil river).

i got a kid thats about to be born so i could be off the water for a while. but, maybe in the fall when the weather cools off. course, harold is retired, so he goes about 4-5 times a week. lucky dawg...

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    This was Sat. night on the Alabama this is a 22 and 14

Attached Files:

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    nice fish!!!

where on the alabama?

8. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice fish Harold. How far up are you in the delta? We got to get together for sure. Do you chase these cats year around?

9. Rtpcat

Rtpcat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Harold, we you pole fishing or jugging??

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    These fish were cought anchored in 36' and using a slip bobber with shad. The water is hot fish are moving up and down and what I mean from 3 to 16 ft , we got a little rain and last night they were at 14 ft we cought six from 31 to 4 lbs ,drop my cam. and could not take any pic's going to wally world and get a new one today