Mo River Patterns?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by cmblizz96, Aug 12, 2009.

1. cmblizz96

cmblizz96 Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm sure the answer to this question will be long but just thought I'd ask.
    Can someone give an overview of seasonal patterns of blues in the Mo and break it down to daily patterns in relation to where to fish during high water, low water, steady river flow, and weather.
    Seems kind of a blur at times as some days they are in the channel cuts, the next day they are in the holes, the next flats and so on. I understand the basic idea that they are in holes in the daytime and roam flats at night but not always. It should be possible to just look at the time of year check what the river is doing and be able to pin point a most likely spot to fish. It seems I do more trial & error but when I do find the fish I'm not always sure why they would be in that spot versus another. Guess I need to think more like a fish. Just trying to put all the pieces together to maximize what time I do have on the river.

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Matt from the looks of the fish that you are holding up, we need to be asking you. Thats a Fat Cat:smile2:
    My theory is simple, drift fish lakes, anchor in rivers on ledges or holes and if that don't work fish up close to the bank. If all this don't work ride around enjoy the Lake and go home and wait for another day:wink: