mo river outing sept 3rd

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Aug 23, 2005.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Just thought i would post here to see who was still coming i plan on being there friday around 6pm

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hey how deep is the lamione? river. I just want to know if i can go a bat out of hell down the river to the missouri.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm still in. Anybody heard anything about what the weather is supposed to do that weekend?

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    If you stat in the middle or to the right it is 15 to 20 ft but there are a few trees around and going real fast down that river might get you knocked out by a flying carp,am i right brandon?

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    They don't jump to bad to my motor guess it don't put out the right vibe. Although it makes getting bait easy when they land in the boat.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's no joke. Robert says, "Hey, if you haven't seen any of those flying carp the guys have posted about, you're about to." Think we had 4 in the boat before we got to the MO. They were big and slimy enough that I used a gaff to get them back out. Coudn't even guess at the number of near-misses. One of the silly things busted Robert's rod holder.

My old man (the one coming to the 9/3 get-together) is bringing his fish-fryer. Swears up and down anything that jumps in the boat, goes in the grease. I think I'm still bringing some hot dogs, though...lol

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yea bandon donot think i want to eat them carp either,looks like i am going to work late friday night but will be there saturday morning see if you can grab that site i talked about

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    To bad for you two I guess. Those carp have really white meet like a crappie. Everything I read on them say they taste really good as well. They just stink like a sewer plant.

9. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I need some directions from St. Robert on how to get to the area that we are going to fish and the boat ramp.

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
  11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    SSGt, it's exit 98 (highway 41 exit) off of 70. I know coming from the West, you turn left at the top of the ramp, and when you come to a T intersection, turn left again. You'll go across a bridge over the Lamines R. The ramp is right after the bridge. There is a gas station close to the exit as well. If you are going towards it, you're going the wrong way. The ramp is in the opposite direction. And, yes, I know that because I had to stop there and ask where the ramp was.....lol

****Robert, correct me if I'm mistaken!! Been a while since I was over there..

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    josh are you going to make it next weekend should be good high fri 78 and sat, 80

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I was hoping to make it, but I've got some things going on that will keep me closer to home. Good luck out there!

14. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I can't make it. I'm on call this week for work so I have to stay close to an internet connection. About all I can do is fish the lake I live on or go catch bait.
    Which is what I'll end up doing tonight I guess.

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    This will be the last time i will be on here before the outing ,will be busy gettting the boat ready leaving fri morning to go get shad hopefully i will have enough to share with everyone,i am going by concorcia lake to get them ,should be at the ramp by noon ,if anyone has a problem finding us give me a call some places i have a signal some places not 660-909-8255

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well it was not the best weekend for catching fish ,but it was fun to meet brandon father and uncle. I caught 1 blue about 13 or 14 pounds and one flathead about 3 pounds lonnie a freind of mine there caught a flathead that was 4 inches long trying to catch bait .I had to leave sat. due to a family illness ,I will let brandon tell what they caught,

17. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Didn't catch a thing. My dad caught a few small channels. Set some bank lines and had 7 or 8 rods in the water and not a nibble. Should have fished more Friday night when Robert was catching fish instead of Saturday nitght, but we were being lazy Friday. It was still a fun 2 days on the river. I had several learning experiences (my boat uses LOTS of gas on the river, anchors can be lost in the river, cast nets don't live long on the river, etc) in the two days. It was a good time to learn them while Robert was there and kind enough to bail me out as I was learning....

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    "my boat uses LOTS of gas on the river, anchors can be lost in the river, cast nets don't live long on the river,"

Lol, sorry for your losses, but it sounds like a fun weekend otherwise.

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    We all have to learn some time. It's fun though learning the hard way on the river. Gives you something to go home and talk about.

20. Mocathunter

Mocathunter New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    We fished north of kc from thursday night to sunday. We landed several flatties in the teens and one over 20; and caught some decent blues and just a couple channels, they seem to be turning back on. Should be a good september, I'll be back after them next weekend.