MO River Near Leavenworth

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by jparr04, May 16, 2008.

1. jparr04

jparr04 New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    I'm pretty new to this site, but I was impressed the moment I managed to come across it. I've been sifting through the plethora of information on here...and it's a great resource. I was wondering if anyone here ever fishes the Missouri river around the Leavenworth area? Having any luck this year? I did pretty well there last summer, especially at night, but the big cats don't seem to have showed up yet. I fish from the bank, so I'm somewhat limited to a short area (just depending on how far I want to walk).

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the Great Boc.

3. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I just moved to KC and I'm lookin for some good spots on the MO to bank fish, care to share any good locations that are safe to be at late at night (unlike some of the spots downtown).

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i have fished Kaw Point late at night and once all night and never had a problem. never even heard a gun shot unlike everytime i go to my Kaw spot here in Topeka. that ramp to the MO in Leavenworth looks like a nice place. i've done a walk around during the day but aint been there at night.

5. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hows the bank fishing at Kaw Point? I'm heading up there in the morning for the first time to bank fish.

6. jparr04

jparr04 New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    I've spent a lot of nights near the Leavenworth access point...and I've never had a problem. What's the easiest way to get to Kaw Point? I've never been out there, but I've heard some good things about it.

7. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
  8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'll be looking to go out on Sunday anyone free?

9. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

i live in leavenworth and fish the missouri with good sucess! but knowing the right spots can be a little problem, by the boat dock wouldnt be one of my favorites! lol. if anyone wants to go to some good spots let me know and we can met up and do some fishing!

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    That ramp is a pain and not one I ever want to put in at again unless the river is rocking.