MO River input

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
  2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey, that is pretty interesting.
    what would be some things we need out there on the mo river to help out with conservation efforts?
    i think some man made habitats to increase breeding areas for all fish, i.e. various structures placed underwater to provide cover for cats, baitfish, etc.
    perhaps some actuall thought put into combating the asian problem out there. i know they make a great bait, but one cant over look that fact that since they're population explosion in the river the shad population has declined. i cant help but think the two things are connected.

3. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    That might be worth attending.

4. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    I’m planning on being there in St. Charles on the 2nd, our fisheries require our time, rather it be on the water or speaking up on it’s behalf... good point on the shad Brandon, any feedback from those that can't attend that would like to be brought up nows the time.

5. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I wish I could go to that too but I have to work. Michael, if you get to speak could you ask if there are any plans on control or the elimination of the fat head carp. I fear if we don't so something soon our river will not be the same when my grandson is my age.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It never hurts to bend an ear for the catfish when you get the opportunity, and these people were happy to listen to our input tonight.... but that was partly because we were the only people there to talk to them :smile2:

One thing you will find is that they are really looking for input right now on their bureaucratic process of deciding how to decide what they want to do. They are a couple of years out from really soliciting input on specific issues.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep not to many other people there besides us catfishermen. I gather that a lot of there plan consist of helping the Tern and the Pallid sturgeon. This planning plan there in now is going to take 7-8 years then they will move into an action plan. The whole thing is going to take 30-50 years. Lot of government workers going to retire on this project.

8. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Get rid of the big heads and bring back the shad.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    So did any of you guy's from the east side make it to the meeting?

10. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    No I had to work:sad2: